Harley Davidson Forums banner

Andrews 54 Cams In 08 Street Glide

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  pro50 
#1 ·
Andrews 54 cams?
has anyone tried these new cams for the 96" yet? they are a easy swap desighned to use all stock components. take off tank and rocker covers and loosen rocker , flip to side take out stock push rods and mark where they go. steve at fullsac tells me there is a tool he will send me with cams that is a wire with a magnet (if i understood him correctly) you drop in pushrod hole to the lifter and pick it up out the way and hook wire over rocker housing giving enough room to remove cams and install the 54's. so all you need is rcker gaskets, cam cover gaskets and cams. this can be done for under $300.00 if installed yourself. this is what i plan to do to my 08 sg in a month or 2. anyone have experience with any of this?

dave, whats your take on this

#2 ·
Perfect cam! Do it!

#3 ·
thanks dbr

#5 ·
have the manual, thats the best money to spend if you plan to do any work yourself to it, the only thing i dont like is all the flipping from section to section to do anything. but if it covered all steps any other way it would take 10 manuals to cover whole bike instead of one......lol

#7 ·
you are going to need a cam removal tool and a cam pressing tool to remove and replace the cams in the cam plate. Also a set of bearings (but the bearings may come with the cam kit , most do) these tools are a little pricey.

without the tool... you side load the bearing and end up pressing through the balls (and damaging the bearings is very likely) .... instead of pressing through the inner and outer races as you would when using these tools.

#9 ·
thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.