Harley Davidson Forums banner

Damn yuppie 'bikers' rant!

9K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  dynaglydr 
#1 ·
No respect , even among each other!

Ya know , one would think that someone driving a vehicle with the ever popular Harley Davidson license plate on the front and sticker on the back window of their SUV would let someone on a motorcycle out in traffic and not block them in or cut them off!

But NOOOO! Keep on yakking on the cell. Probably an officially licensed H-D cell phone.

Many don't even know hand signals. Out the other day , I put my left hand up to signal a right turn , the bimbo in the SUV coming toward me with , with SOFTAIL front plate , yakking on phone , waved to thank me , rolled thru the light and turned left right in front of me.:bluduh

Do you let yer fellow two-wheelers out?

Or if ya got a long string of traffic behind ya , and ya see a biker waiting to turn , do ya slow up , block traffic and wave them thru?

I do it , no matter if it's a Harley or a Honda , or a Vespa.

See less See more
#3 ·
The big thing is . There are bikers and then there are peeps that got too much money . The harley thing for them is an accessory . Just like that big worthless hummer they had to have . My rule is .. If your in a cage I don't trust yea . I personally have no hd appereal or stickers . It seems the only time I get any respect on the road is when I'm wearing my colors . And I can thank gang land for that . Which I'm in no way happy with . Human respect shouldn't be built on fear but that of honest respect for fellow man .

#4 ·
I agree 100%. When I am 4 wheels I always watch out for and give breaks to the two wheels. I also think Jimmy is correct. For some of us it is a way of life. For others with the coin, they just want a status symbol. Those are the ones that MIGHT ride 200 miles a year.

#8 ·
I as well do not have any of the big bar and shield stickers on my car what so ever, kind of saying hey guess what I ride ya know, and I also let bikes out any time that I can....

#22 ·
I do have bar and shield on my truck, but you won't find a more courteous driver. Especially around bikes.

BTW, my sunglasses are around $20.

#9 ·
I read in the local police report the other day that someone's SUV had been broken into and amoung the items taken were a pair of $485.00 HD prescription sunglasses. Now I know stealin ain't right,but if you can buy $485.00 sunglasses, I find it hard to feel sorry for you. Probably a good thing the owner of the SUV was wearing his HD boxers or the thief would have taken those too.

#10 ·
^ holy hell i thought my costas were high for 150 off ebay

#11 ·
Might Be A Yuppie Biker If:

If you drink cappuccino instead of beer
If you can't figure out why the battery on your new bike won't stay charged
If your trailer has more miles on it than your bike
If your leathers still have creases
If you don't ride your bike to work because it scuffs your penny loafers
If you move your bike and the grass is brown under the wheels
If your tattoos wash off
If you have doubled the weight of your bike with bolt on chrome
If you have never kick started a bike before
If you buy bikes as investments
If you wear a full face helmet
If you wear a full helmet

If you wear a half helmet

If you wear a helmet
If you wear earplugs
If you really believe that there are bikes that come customized from the factory
If the last time you went to the Harley dealer you came home with golf balls and a toilet seat
If your Harley shirt has a collar
If its not fun to ride unless someone sees you
If you don't ride in the rain
If you think the TV show "Renegade" is cool
If you can't find your oil filter
If you think any motorcycle is too loud
If your ponytail comes off with your cap
If you leave your garage door open just so people can see your bike
If you need a biker lingo book
If you're a HOG member and think you're an outlaw
If when you buy your bike you start calling everyone "Bro"
If you stop 30 miles from Sturgis to unload your bike so you can ride in
If you think the models in the catalogs are what bikers are suppose to look like
If you worry about what bikers are suppose to look like
If real bikers scare you
If you paint your office nick-name (like EasyRider or Bad-Ass) on your Bell open face helmet

If you paid for your new FXSTC in 24 months or less.
If you complained about the "smell and fumes" near the back of your last group ride.
If you won't ride unless it's a group ride.
If everyone on your last group ride works at your law firm, or plays golf with you.
If you've ever said "Isn't it too cold/wet/hot/dry/dark to ride?"
You carry a camcorder instead of a knife

If your saddlebags have a special pocket for your cell phone

You read this page & say hey I do that!
You put newspaper under your scoot to catch da drippings.
Bikers check out your scoot & say man dat boys got way to much money!
If your jeans are clean, in fact if any spot on you is clean.
You think fringe is a mandatory accessory on your leathers.
You try to look like a biker.
You try to act like a biker.
You've ever stopped at a red light & forgot to put a foot down (sober).
You run into the Bros & they say: "Hey lets go here", and you have to call home to check first.
You carry a phone just in case you MIGHT break down!
You think a chain is something you wear around your neck.
You think a missing link is a human race thing.
If bikers give you a nickname something like PUD and you think its cool.
If you read this page & get pissed!!!

You ride a Harley and drive a toyota.
You have ever ridden with a tie on.

You think a rigid is a hardon.

Your scariest biker experience was waiting for your nw bike financing to be approved.

The bank holds the title to your bike.

You think helmets actually protect your head.
You own a lap dog.
You bought a new Yamaha because you think "Hey, everyone will think its a Harley"

You carry a cell phone, a toothbrush, and fresh underwear in your tool bag.

You know you're a yuppie biker if you go to Sturgis, camp at Glencoe in a monster motorhome.

When people mention Easy Rider you remember your secretary getting bombed at the office xmas party.

If you don't know you're a yuppie biker

You have more different kinds of cycle polish than lubricants in your garage
You don't know who Sonny Barger is.
You refer to Harley-Davidson as "the motor company" or "the boys in Milwaukee"!

#15 ·
Everyone has a Harley something or another, hat, sticker ya see it more than the American flag:whoa Back to the peace of sh!! Driver.
I'm not going to feel bad because live in a nice house or drive a nice car (Chevy) and I don't live in fear of any patch PD or any other.
And if a car, truck or what ever acts as if can't see me! Well I kick there mirror off, you don't use it- ya don't need it:know

#16 ·
geez, don't get yer panties in a wad there...:rollin

Yep, saw a dude kick a side mirror off'n a cage once. Also saw him get shot in the back a coupla seconds later...just sayin'

#24 ·
i'd venture to say most the people here crying about someone not letting them out hasn't been riding as long as you and to chicken to kick at any mirror because their wife will yell at them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.