Harley Davidson Forums banner

Motorcycle Museums

21K views 48 replies 34 participants last post by  buckanear007 
#1 · (Edited)
I think this would be a good idea for a sticky so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Some of these places should be a little more known then they are and I am sure they are locally. Others are well known.

We stumbled on the one in Ohio strictly accidently when I happened to see a blip of a sign and just took the exit on a whim. And wow what a great museum it was. Feel Free to add to the list.

In no particular order:

1)Motorcycle Hall Of Fame (Pickerington,OH)
Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum

2) National Motorcycle Museum (Anamosa,Iowa)
National Motorcycle Museum | Home

3) Wheels Through Time( Maggie Valley)
Home*-*Wheels Through Time

4) Barber Motorsports Vintage Museum (Birmingham,Alabama)
Barber : Home

5) Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum (Solvang,CA)
Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum, Solvang, CA

6) The Harley-Davidson Museum (Milwaukee,WI)
Visit the Harley-Davidson Museum® | Harley-Davidson USA

7) Dave Mungenast Motorcycle Museum (St Louis,MO)
Dave Mungenast's Classic Motorcycles Museum

8) Sturgis Motorcycle Museum and Hall of Fame (Sturgis,ND)
Home | Sturgis Motorcycle Museum & Hall Of Fame, Inc.

9) Lone Star Motorcycle Museum (Vanderpool,TX)
Home

10) Kansas Motorcycle Museum (Marquette,KS)
Kansas Motorcycle Museum Home Page

11) Cyclemo's Motorcycle Museum (Red Boiling Springs,TN)
Cyclemo's Motorcycle Museum

12) South Texas Motorcycle Museum (Edinburg,TX)
http://stxmm.org/

13) Bills Old Biker Barn (Bloomsburg,PA)
http://billsbikebarn.com/

See less See more
#5 ·
Been to Barber Motorsports Park Museum.

Despite being small, Bill's Old Bikr Barn, Bloomsburg, PA can't be excluded. Largest private collection and some really rare stuff as well....

#7 ·
We've stayed the night in Bloomsburg,PA on many occasions, coming and going,thats about the 400 mile mark for us heading out and had I known that existed I would have visited it by now. Thanks for the heads up, next time I'm passing thru I will be sure to look it up. In fact that looks like a good 3 day weekend scamp. A day to get there, a day to look around and a day to get back.

#8 ·
#13 ·
The best part is, their display rotates. There's more bikes in the basement and others being restored. The collection changes from time to time.....

I was there in 2009 and was astounded.

#14 ·
Last time I was at Barber it was still downtown (2000). I was floored. My new project has a contract manufacturer in Huntsville! Guess where I will be going soon?

#17 ·
Here's one that opened in Newburgh, NY last year. Really nice and well set up. You definitely need at least half a day there. It's a pretty quick find, right off I-84.

About us

#23 ·
There is a small place in a very small town in East Teas...has about 15 old bikes and its a Ice Cream Palor too..pretty neet place..Scoops and Scoots, in Ben Wheeler Tx. worth a stop...

#27 ·
We have a little known gem here in northern Indiana. They have a good size collection of all kinds of bikes and most are still running.

Kerstings Cycle Center: Museum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.