Harley Davidson Forums banner

Pre 14' forward controls on a 2017 Iron

5K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  MoneyFor 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Who knows if a forward control set from a 2012 will fit on a 2017 Iron 883 ?

Harley shows 14' and up or 06 '- 13' , not sure what's different though, anyone who knows ?

Thanks

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

In most cases it is something stupid like a longer or shorter bolt, if the ABS is the problem I only could think of a connection and that is something I could fix myself. I have a machineshop but do not have the time to construct a complete forward control, if the main parts like the footpeg bracket an controles fit to the places on the frame it is enough for me. The other parts that connect the brake pump or shifting bracket on the motor I could fix, alter or make myself

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply,

In most cases it is something stupid like a longer or shorter bolt, if the ABS is the problem I only could think of a connection and that is something I could fix myself. I have a machineshop but do not have the time to construct a complete forward control, if the main parts like the footpeg bracket an controles fit to the places on the frame it is enough for me. The other parts that connect the brake pump or shifting bracket on the motor I could fix, alter or make myself
Buy the setup and fab the parts that ya need to finish the job IMO !

#14 ·
I think it is the picture because the picture from 2013 set was a bit smaller and I enlarge it before I post it.

#17 ·
Hopefully I can check it this week since the controls are more the 12 days at customs office because the invoice was not filled in corectly by the seller.
Keep you all posted as soon they arrive.

#18 ·
We're have you ordered the parts? And what are the forwarder? In the past we have shipped from Germany many times to US customers. Using FedEx as forwarder was helpful for us and the most time we don't have some trouble. But sometimes the clearance office want some information they didn't need before.

I think your project will be interesting for many people ( me too), so give us the news asap. ??

Gesendet von meinem SM-T550 mit Tapatalk

#21 ·
I received the parts today and after paying 50 USD custom import charges they where mine :)

I can confirm that the parts from a older 2013-2014 model does fit the 2017 model. The only thing that needs to be changed/modded is the brake rod ( last picture ), as I tought and told you all earlier in my previous posting with pictures from the rod. All the holes for the bolt are in the correct place so no mod needed here.

Attachments

Reactions: DG_Germany
#24 ·
Sorry didn't got a message from your replky so after months and months I can answer it. I sold those Chinese clones because to be honest they are junk made out of aluminium. I did the conversion on the brake rod, it was simple but the whole construction was of low quallity and I bought the oem ones. Much better but same looking.

Reactions: SCHMIDTY
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.