Harley Davidson Forums banner

Man Down

5K views 46 replies 42 participants last post by  RICK B 
#1 ·
My sincerest condolences go out to Chase Hunt (son), family and friends of Danny Hunt.

One our fellow riders, Danny Hunt died in a horrific accident this morning shortly after the midnight hour. His son, Chase was on the scene, but is OK. Danny's son, Chase is a Galveston County Sheriff.

I came up on the scene very shortly after. A real mess. The driver of the car that hit him was drunk. He hit him on the side of the road and tried to flee. His car gave out about 300 yards away. He was out walking on the highway. I had to keep him off the road until the police got him. The suspect is 75, a grandfather, never been in trouble in his life. Now faces intoxicated manslaughter and possibly attempted fleeing the scene. Another felony.

Every family involved loses in this one.

No winners. I haven't slept any and again want to send my my condolences. I wish there was something more I could do. I feel so utterly powerless.

Galveston deputy

#11 ·
Condolences to the family.:mad

#12 ·
Condolences to the family... if you drink dont drive or ride...sad...sad indeed!

#20 ·
Before the police got there, a guy was trying to get me to park my bike in the middle of the road. Just a suggestion, if it doesn't make sense or feel right, don't do it. 3 cars disregarded safety rules and hit stuff. 2 of 3 were drunk or high. I pulled way down to get away from the incident. Sometimes you have to stop, but I always say take care of yourself first. This way you can render aid and not contribute to the problem.

#21 ·
Not hit by one car, but 2, and both under the influence or in possession.

Horrific.

Condolences, thoughts and prayers to Deputy Chase's family. RIP Danny.

When will people learn?

#24 ·
Sorry to hear this, PRAYERS SENT..I can't stand hearing things about people driving drunk..When another life is taken I don't care where (STATE) you are, how old you are or anything of sort..Death penalty!

Again sorry to hear news

#25 ·
My sincere condolences to the Hunt family. That is tragic..no matter what the circumstances there is no excuse for driving drunk. We've all seen the consequences way too many times.

Natty
"if everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." General George S. Patton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.