Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#3,382 ·
FUGGIN FINALLY!

I got the Ultra Glide 99% buttoned up. Let me tell you it was a great feeling hear her fire off first shot!
For those that don't know, it got a full updated cam chest & new lifters(thanks Dave63), new oil pump(shiz they are expensive), beasly oil spring, adjustable pushrods, and a basic fluid change and tune up.

Big shout out to Dave63 for parts and support. He was always just a phone call away. Thanks Dave!

Guys, Link feels good today. :thumb
Great post. Real happy for you, link! Lets put some wins together.

#3,383 ·
Taking my bike in to have it put on the dyno and some minor tuning. I am thinking it will put out 160 HP. I guess I'll see how close my guess is. :nod
:eek. :nos:koolaid

#3,385 ·
Rode to work this morning with the heated jacket liner I bought yesterday. It was toasty! I thought it would take a while to heat up like my heated handgrips, but I was surprised how quickly I started feeling heat. Pricy but I'm glad I have it now.

#3,387 ·
Rode to work in the rain. Forecast tells me I'll be riding back home in the rain too. No biggie. Wore my Firstgear One-Piece Thermo Suit and arrived at work 30 miles later warm as a bug in a rug and dry as a bone :D .
You said bone.

#3,391 ·
Put whitewall tires back on, oil change and went for a ride. 48 and sunny.

#3,394 ·
Well it was not today but I felt like posting it anyway.

Saturday 11/10/12 I rode with the ALR Post 500 in the Veteran's day parade in downtown Indianapolis. As I am not a veteran myself I had my 81 year old grandfather as a passenger. It was also his 1st motorcycle ride.

It was a good day!
Thank you for supporting our vets and, from one vet to another thank your grandfather for his service.

Sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com App

#3,395 ·
Had some dyno turning done on my bike. They said I need bigger injectors but Harley does not make bigger injectors that will fit my throttle body. I guess I'll have to do some searching to see what's out there. My dyno results shows that it is a little leaner than I would like. But I am pretty happy with 165.69 hp and 168.11 torque.:nod And that produces a lot of torque right off the bat. I will also post my Dyno sheet in the Dyno section

Attachments

#3,396 ·
Had some dyno turning done on my bike. They said I need bigger injectors but Harley does not make bigger injectors that will fit my throttle body. I guess I'll have to do some searching to see what's out there. My dyno results shows that it is a little leaner than I would like. But I am pretty happy with 165.69 hp and 168.11 torque.:nod And that produces a lot of torque right off the bat. I will also post my Dyno sheet in the Dyno section
:eek:thumbsup

#3,399 ·
She is now torn down:

Auto part Automotive engine part Engine

Auto part Automotive engine part Engine

Auto part Flange Automotive engine part Locking hubs

Auto part Flange Automotive engine part Locking hubs

Auto part Disc brake Engine Vehicle brake Automotive engine part

Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Automotive tire Tire

Auto part Engine Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive engine part

Auto part Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Fuel line

Auto part

Auto part Crankset Bicycle part Gear Rotor

Pretty good for a 100K scoot. Looks like she was running a bit rich, but I can't say that was from the current set up. I took a no-name enrichener off back in the summer and added a PCIII.

Was pleasantly surprised by the oil pump. Won't change that out.

Will put new pistons & rings in, punch cylinders our .030, new lifters, heads go out Monday to go to SE specs.

Getting excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#3,400 · (Edited)
Removed the fuggly :bigbarfbumpers off the Ultra. Man what a difference. Got all the heat shields back on and tightened a shit ton of loose bolts. Getting stoked to run this Pig.

Monday is the only work day next week, so I hope I can get her inspected and tagged on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.