Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#3,482 ·
Was a nice day in Missouri for the end of November. Called a buddy after work along with the wife and told her she was on her own, we ran from Columbia to Fayette (MO), stopped at the Hawgs and Heifers bar and grill to eat.

Then just headed North, then West, then South, then East and rolled in the home garage at 8:30 PM 138 miles later.

#3,483 ·
rode with my friend to the harley dealer / service. he had been having issues with his gas light ever since he had his pipes changed to akrapovics - he has an Iron 883 as well. the place that installed the pipes also installed Power Commander. we always thought they forgot to plug the sensor for the gas gauge, turns out the power commander messed up his ECM altogether. he does a lot of city commuting as well I guess all that traffic riding puts an extra stress on the bike, I dunno. the end result is a small "yeah, it's an easy fix, bring it in" turned into a nightmare and the ECM will be changed and he'll get a proper air filter and a download for the basic tune-up. he hasn't got the money for a heavy breather and a race tuner. but eventually he'll go that route and sell the power commander on e-bay. left the bike there for the weekend and I gave him a ride home.

anybody interested? a couple of months old, barely used power commander. any takers?

#3,488 ·
Spent the generous gift certificate I got from dad and picked up some soft lowers.

View attachment 34694

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Looks good! I have been thinking about getting some for my early morning rides into work for the added reflective components.

Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3,492 ·
I rode a few hundred miles this past weekend so now I'm paying for it by not riding to work. I'm well past the 5,000 mile mark and am not exactly sure how much past it I can go without causing possible warranty problems by delaying the 5,000 mile service. I've been waiting for the dealer to get my LED tail lights in, which I found out are in today. So I'm taking it in tomorrow.

#3,493 ·
I spoiled myself today with an additional 10 miles to bring the grand total for today's ride to 24 miles :( I guess its better than nothing. Anyone in the central Texas region know of good riding spots outside the three sisters?

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3,495 ·
my bike is about KIA. damn primary and trans are making a ton of noise, the right turn signal cover broke and today, the ignition broke (in the on spot at least) so i am parking it now that my truck is back. looks like she got jealous of the money my truck has been getting..

#3,496 ·
removed my sidecar to do some bike riding...:thumbsup 20 minutes max to unbolt her and ride away.

#3,497 ·
my bike is about KIA. damn primary and trans are making a ton of noise, the right turn signal cover broke and today, the ignition broke (in the on spot at least) so i am parking it now that my truck is back. looks like she got jealous of the money my truck has been getting..
Jeeeze dude! She's self destructing before your very eyes. You really, really musta pissed her off.

#3,498 ·
i have been good to her, but the 16K$ i dumped into making a pulling truck has just set her off. LOL

#3,500 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.