Harley Davidson Forums banner

AArrrgghhhh.. Too Many Choices...

6K views 46 replies 27 participants last post by  GreaseMonkey 
#1 ·
Decisions decisions.... I signed on to this forum this past Spring. My intent is to get a bike in the near future. I started off thinking the Sportster line, then went to the local dealership and fell in love with the Dyna Wide Glide... Then, on another trip fell in love with the softtail custom (2008/2009 year). Actually a Night Train drove me nuts.

Anyway, for now I'm back looking at new bikes. The freaking Breakout CVO is unbelievable, but WAY out of the price range. I like the lines of the Black Line and still hedge towards a Wide Glide, but the Softtail Deluxe is now driving me nuts. The red/white combo is awesome, and would look sweet in the garage with my '64 Corvette convertible which is red over white (like that really matters).

I haven't seen many posts specifically towards the Deluxe. I know Harleys are great bikes, but are there any pros/cons towards the Deluxe?

:think

#38 ·
The new Deluxe is a great choice. You will love it. Get some detachable hard bags and you are ready for your commute.
I opted for the Street Glide because it is set up for city street riding, commute and very nimble for a big bike. Well----almost set up after Stage 1, seat, back rest and some other stuff. There is always something.

#42 ·
I'm surprised that I haven't heard any mention for you to check out the Heritage Softail . It's a great all around bike thats light enough for around town but great for over the road trips. I've had many and all makes of Harleys over the past forty years and my present 2010 Heritage is by far my favorite and last bike. I agree that you should rent what you are interested in before you buy and unless you are just starting out , don't buy a sportster. They are great bikes for a beginner and that is one of my early bikes when I was in my early twenties , but it is something that you will grow out of very quickly. Hope you find what you are looking for the first time , because the stealers will kill you on trade in.

#44 ·
The last new bike that I bought was a VT700c. Yup it was small. Flash ahead to 2012 Jumped on a GL1100i stripped naked, Still not enough leg room. Test rode a 1200 Sport same thing. Tried the Dyna (a little better). Test rode FLS and bought it. Take the time to find the one that fits you. Most Harley dealers have a test ride program. Go and use it. Just remember all of the bikes are beautiful even the preowned units, Your looking for one that fits you new or used. Just ride an American built bike.

#45 ·
Decisions decisions.... I signed on to this forum this past Spring. My intent is to get a bike in the near future. I started off thinking the Sportster line, then went to the local dealership and fell in love with the Dyna Wide Glide... Then, on another trip fell in love with the softtail custom (2008/2009 year). Actually a Night Train drove me nuts.

Anyway, for now I'm back looking at new bikes. The freaking Breakout CVO is unbelievable, but WAY out of the price range. I like the lines of the Black Line and still hedge towards a Wide Glide, but the Softtail Deluxe is now driving me nuts. The red/white combo is awesome, and would look sweet in the garage with my '64 Corvette convertible which is red over white (like that really matters).

I haven't seen many posts specifically towards the Deluxe. I know Harleys are great bikes, but are there any pros/cons towards the Deluxe?

you have a very nice problem. josey

#46 ·
Like you, I was looking for a commuter with a little fun on the side. Bought a new '07 Sportster, and after $3000.00 in accessories, just bought a Heritage Classic which I SHOULD have gotten in the first place. It took me 3 years to finally convince my wife that I was miserable. Go big now. I wish I had gotten on this forum and asked what you just did 4 years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.