Harley Davidson Forums banner

Any opinions on Gerbings Heated Clothing?

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  93horse 
#1 ·
I found some 'slightly used' (I have asked for pictures) on another forum that would fit my big beautiful Polish self (I get my good looks from my Mama) and was curious if anyone here had strong opinions one way or another.

Here is the ad:

Gerbings HEATED CHLOTHES

Everything is made and designed by Gerbings who is the premier company when it comes to heated chlothing for multiple outdoor sports and activities. All pieces have been lightly used and well taken care of with NO defects or damage. I am also including all wiring that includes the battery hook up on your bike. If you purchased all this gear new it would cost over $700. I am asking for $425 for all. As a reference for size I am 6'2"/230lbs/size 12.5 shoe. The stuff that is XXL fits fairly snug. Great stuff for winter riding.

Gerbings Heated Jacket Liner 54" chest 36" sleeve
Gerbings Heated G3 gloves XXL
Gerbings Heated Socks XXL
Gerbings Dual Thermostat
HD Heated Pant Liner made by Gerbings XL
All wiring and battery connector included

See less See more
#3 ·
i have HD electric gloves and jacket w/ dual thermostat control. I believe the HD stuff is made by Gerbing. I wouldn't give them up!

check the stuff out. if it's functional and the price seems right, i don't think you can go wrong. i bought my stuff used from a friend for 50% of retail. I think that's a fair price.

#9 ·
Gerbings rules. With that said I am ready for my 3rd set of gloves.
The power cord breaks at the plug on the gloves from having to fold the cord/plug under the gauntlet repeatedly.
First gloves plug broke right off. Current set I have one cold glove.
I don't know what the answer is but I hate to get into another set of gloves.
With that said (again), I think you can send your gear back to Gerbings for repair. ...So I should lol.

My friends freeze, but I stay warm. :nod

Gerbings day!

#10 ·
:thumbsup Oh yeah! Gerbings rock. I have the gloves and jacket-liner and they are number 1.:nod

#12 ·
I just bought the Harley branded Gerbing jacket liner about a month ago and love it so far. I bought the dual thermostat too, but haven't used that yet. I actually usually wear it as a jacket instead of a jacket liner, and it keeps me fairly toasty. When I wear it as a jacket liner it definitely warms me up!

I want to buy some Harley and/or Gerbing heated gloves, but don't know which kind. Any recommendations here? I have some Harley winter riding gloves (non-heated) and they are kind of bulky and make it a little awkward to clutch and brake. Not too bad, but I am thinking that I'd rather get thinner gloves that are heated, so I have full use of my hands for braking and using the clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.