Harley Davidson Forums banner

Fuel Mileage issue

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Harley Hound57 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 FLHTCUISE5 with the 110 motor. Motor is stock,After market breather, Vance & Hines power Duals with Bub 7's and a power tuner.
It has been Dyno'd three times for fuel mileage. I'm geting right at 180miles before I better start looking for a gas station.
HD has checked it out saying nothing is wrong anyone else having this problem or have a suggestion?:think

#2 ·
Seems maybe a little low but depends how you ride..and the gas you get ...I can get that if I ride hard in town or mountains.....or ride easy and can get around 40-42 with my 103....hauling ass in the hiway only about 33....you have a bigger motor too....got to pay to play...

#3 ·
Ask the guys that Dyno'd your bike and see if they tuned it while it was putting out 25 hp on the dyno.
25 hp is about what it takes to cruise down the highway. So if they can set the air fuel ratio at around 13.8 to 14.1 air fuel ratio at 25 hp would be good.
How many miles to the gallon do you get? If you start out with a full tank how many gallons does it take after you write 180 miles to fill it back up to the same level?
Also what type of tuner do you have?

#5 ·
Come on guys! If you want information the PROVIDE some. If you are too lazy to figure your own mileage, at least provide the data. Going 180 miles (or 210) and buying gas is a lot vague. How you are doing depends on whether it takes 4.5 gallons or 5.9 to fill up.

#6 ·
The op stated his total mileage per tank so that is what I stated as well.

For what it's worth, if I stop at 210 miles I can usually fill it with 5 gallons. So I am getting 42 mpg. If I am hot doggin it around the city I can easily lower that to 36 mpg.

I only know all that because I am OCD and like to keep track of stuff like that. I don't care if it got 13 mpg. If you're worried about mpg then maybe a Harley is not for you. Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.