Harley Davidson Forums banner

Slip on Mufflers

4K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  mat 60 
#1 ·
Purchased a 2013 Dyna Wide Glide. Love the bike but want to change the mufflers to get a better sound. Any reccomendations? and will i have any issues changing the mufflers without changing anything else.

Thanks

#4 ·
I have Bassani (sp?) On mine, 2 into 1. Its the full set up though. Sounds good, not sure about slip ons. Brother just added SE on his and his has a deeper tone vs mine.

Warning: Spelling errors in this message are the product of poor school standards. Pay teachures more than athletes!

#5 ·
Rush slip ons with 2 inch baffles :thumbsup

#7 ·
100 People will answer with 100 different opinions on mufflers. Do yourself a favor go to a steak n Lube on a bike night or any place that has bike nights and go listen to a bunch of different exhausts on the same bike as yours. You could even spend a day at your local dealer doing the same.

#11 ·
I agree with the checking out some other bikes to find the sound you like. If you are a little anxious to get it done, you might have a little problem with getting that done this time of year, since the weather is bad and not many out riding. But you may be able to hit a few dealers and get an idea from what they have sitting around used.

I bought a '12 Fatboy this past August. I went with the V&H slash cut slip-ons. I loved the sound that they made. Loud, but not obnoxiously loud. BUT it did cause a decelaration pop. I think with a computer download, that may have been stopped though. But you don't have to have anything done if that is all you change. Now if you do change the AC to a high flow AC then you will definitely need to have at least a computer download done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.