Harley Davidson Forums banner

2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible Review

8K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  02sportytex 
#1 ·

I've befriended many Harley owners over the years, and have met even more while at various events or when I'm out for a ride. Yet despite the number of Harley fans and loyalists I encounter, it never ceases to surprise me how few of them either know very little about, or haven't ever heard of, Harley-Davidson's line of in-house customs known as Custom Vehicle Operations, or CVO for short.

Crafted from existing standard model Harleys, a CVO is adorned with a laundry list of Harley's own aftermarket goodies, as well as possessing a number of items or features unique to each model.

CVOs are notably pricier than the standard models they're derived from, but by comparison to many high-end, high-priced cruisers from independent shops with low-volume production, the CVOs offer some serious value. Attempting to build something close to a CVO one piece at a time would lead to a sum total cost well beyond a CVO's MSRP.

And in terms of value, what revs most folks' engines is getting more than what was bargained for, especially when the deal nets you something on the order of two-for-one. The $29,699 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible is just such a two-for-one deal.

More: 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible Review on Motorcycle.com

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
said it before Unless you like a bike loaded up of HD accesories, paint and are happy with HD customizing YOUR bike (if you wanna call it that) then CVO is for you..Does nothing for me but each there own...opinions are like asses

#5 ·
My buddy has the SE Fatbob 110 and it's fully badass. The fade in the paintjob feeds the hungry.

#11 ·
CVO's are getting better but most people buy a bike to make it THEIR bike. The CVO's are for those with tons of change and no desire to be creative about their own bike. Some of the CVO's look really good, but even still, I'd rather buy a blank canvas and make it my own with my ideas, my money, and my sweat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.