Harley Davidson Forums banner

Family Portrait

22K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  rocket rick 
#1 ·
Who has Buells and Harleys? Let's see a family portrait.

'06 XB9r "Firebolt", '77 FLH "Electra-Glide", '99 S3 "Thunderbolt"

Does Locktite come in gallon jugs?

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
My 2010 Shriner Ultra & 2008 Firebolt, My younger son's 2006 CityX and my older son's Honda CBR100RR Repsol edition
I like the split black/orange paint on the CityX.

By the way, I love that color green on your Harley! Gorgeous!
Thank you, everybody but me seem to like that color. It is growing on me, but I will probably paint it a metallic copper, eventually.

#5 ·
Cool! Thanks for the photo!!

There was a Buell that I know I'd love but can't remember the name of it. It was kind of dual-sporty if I remember correctly. (For some reason, that comes to mind, although I may be mistaken.) Hmmm... What was that darn thing called?

#9 ·
#7 ·
Bingo!! That's it. They seem to be somewhat rare, if I remember correctly. Or, when I was entertaining the idea of purchasing one, there just weren't that many available at the time.

I've always loved Buell. Especially after riding one of the little 500s for the Rider's Edge Course. Those poor little puppies received SO MUCH ABUSE and just kept on a-goin'!!

#37 ·
The Ulysses is a rare Buell - official production numbers below:

XB12X Ulysses (Adventure Sport. 7432 built)
XB12XP Ulysses (Police Model. 137 built.)
XB12XT Ulysses (Adventure Sport Touring. 1911 built)

The CityX: XB9SX aka "XB9CX" Lightning CityX (City Cross Urban Assault Bike. 9632 built.)

It was possible to kill a Blast, just fall over and wham the gear shiftier. I bought a Riders Edge Blast from North Carolina. Had a transmission problem, all of them listed on eBay did. looked like a fun winter project. Wound up splitting the cases to fix the shift drum and shift forks. Bigish job. The engine also had signs of having been run out of oil so I also replaced cams, cam followers, piston, rings and barrel. The exhaust valve seat also was coming loose and was just a few more miles until it would have failed. It's back together, runs okay now...but, it's a blast, built just about as cheap as they could.

Remove the engine from a Blast here's what's left:

Here's what comes off. Lots connected to the engine:

Engine on the bench:

Cases split, Brother B's paw on the left holding the transmission's gear clusters:

This is the shift drum. As you can see the gear shift lever got whammed and deformed the shift fork grove pealing up metal from the drum.
The drum consists of a solid drum and an outer sleeve pinned to the drum. It's the outer sleeve that got deformed.

This is what the deformation did to the shift fork, ouch.

All back together. Happy thumper now. All sorts of new parts installed. I paid more for the repair parts than I did for the bike.
It lives happy thereafter...

- BB

#8 ·
By the way, I love that color green on your Harley! Gorgeous!

#27 ·
No need. Just thought it was general talk. Sometimes the phone isn't the best to post from. Once I magnify print I don't see full page. Was just showing off some of the family. If I seen the Buel portion I wouldn't have tread like that. Just don't want you all to think I'm that much a fool. Just a lil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.