Harley Davidson Forums banner

For-Sale Arnott Aldans air system.$450

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  mtbrice 
#1 ·
System is about five months old, they're in good working order, I found
A lower seat, and did some boot lifts and I no longer need these.
I broke the switch removing it, that is a$25 part from Arnott. I have never shortened any wires and tubing either so u can plumb it anyway U want.
These are black and are their best, 11 way adjustable rebound as well, and if u want as good of ride as an air shock can give, these are them, they fit touring bikes. They replace the stock "low" 12" shocks. If U have the regular 13" and want to lower it, these will work well for that.
Will ship to lower 48 state only, and I will cover the shipping costs.
These were replaced with Progressive's 944UT's as I'm tall enough for these, next the front end gets lowered 3/4" and will do a Progressive front springs or cartridges, still trying to learn more about this befor I jump.
Thank U for looking!
Pete

#2 ·
wow!!! I figured these would sell asap??? Is it because I have them priced so low that people think they are junk??? $1200 paid, and after 5 months of usage, now 4 sale and priced at $450 seems like a great buy, what am I missing here??

#3 ·
That is a great price cause I've looked at the Arnott system other places on line and the Aldans are the top of their line.

I ended up going with Progressive 940's (ordered last night) mainly cause I wanted simplicity.

I didn't want to mess with mounting a compressor, plumbing air lines, running a switch and worrying about losing pressure through an air line (I've had that happen).

But the "cool factor" of being infinatly adjustable and setting the bike "ïn the weeds" is definitely worth what you asking for them, good luck with the sale.

#4 ·
Thanks for the post, I was really puzzled that no one is interested so far. It is screamingly cheap but like U I wanted to try the best mass produced shock (944's) that I could find for my bike that wasn't too tall for me, but only now with the low seat and boots lifted, these shocks actually function as a 12" shock when I sit on it, but with the droop, it is really a 13" shock and the travel of that length plus all the trick valve stacks makes the tire seem to have better contact in all situations. So far I like them but do miss those times when I'm parked or stopped in ackward spots...
My wife says that I can't buy my own Christmas presents (944's) and these have to get sold and the money put in the bank before the year ends... If anything the 944's ride slightly higher than the HD SE adjust. 12" shocks with the preload on the left side and another spring totally different on the right (and no adjustments here).
I have a set of these for $200 as well. They came on the SG and RG SE CVO bikes, stock and have less than 500 miles on them before the Arnott's came to the rescue!

#6 ·
Can ya post a pic? You have box and everything? Any flaws besides the switch? Universal for all bikes? Im looking into there system myself...I always buy new, But if something is near Mint I may consider....

#9 · (Edited)
Yes, deal is now in process, invoice sent to your email, I don't know if that was the right one??.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.