Harley Davidson Forums banner

Pics of your Dyna/FXR

581K views 2K replies 737 participants last post by  Mac D. 
#1 ·
Show me your Dyna

Everyone Post pictures of your Dyna ! wouls love to see what everyone has done.

#537 ·

Thought I'd have a little fun with a digital camera & iMovie today, so here is our 2011 Wide Glide transforming through its various different configurations in a little video I threw together to supplement a blog entry on our FXDWG.

It goes from single-seat bar-hopper, to commuter, to two-up cruiser and then long-distance touring bike as the different saddles, backrest, windscreen and saddlebags are swapped out. Unfortunately, I apparently knocked the front forks out of kilter and nudged the bike while swapping out the full-size saddles so it "jumps" a bit 1/3 of the way through.

#538 ·
my 2008 Street Bob

Race pac fuel injection Screaming Eagle computer,Vance and Hines shorts, custom airbrush "real flames ", Corbin seat, Baby apes(pushed forward) highway pegs.
Take a good look ...cause I'm going to take it back down and put on a wide glide 2" over with 3 deg. rake and 21 " front and 180 rear and new paint and solo seat with "P" pad and different pipes.
This bike runs a hole in the wind and I love it !!!
Later, Bitchin' Bob:loco Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Fuel tank Car

#541 ·
What's a Heartland Conversion ?
I got a 17" by 5.5" Akront rim I powdercoated and ss spokes from Bucannons... I cut the fender horns off the frame - Turned the seat over and fiberglassed a seatpan. Got a big fender blank off e bay and used a welding rod off the axle to mark it after spacing it off tire and cut it out with a 4 1/2" Makita ... I made a front fender bracket out of angle iron and bolted it to the rear peg holes. I welded a tab on the swingarm to match the belt guard tab for the chain struts I made. Cut the disc down 1/8" and put on a PM caliper... I can now use any 17" by 180mm sportbike tire ... Far from Monster Garage - I did most of this off the tailgate of my Toyota truck ... I no longer have the stop light ...

#542 ·
That's pretty slick work you did, man. A big round of applause to you. A Heartland conversion is real similar to what you did. The Heartland comes in several different kits, from 180 tires all the way up to a swingarm change for 250-280 tires. And they offer several seat and fender packages. Basically a ( not H-D ) factory bolt on kit to do what you did. Did you cut the rotor down yourself or have a brake shop do it?

#546 ·
Yeah, I play music for a livin' part-time. Went to a local bar to see some friends play last week and had a drunk little hard-belly wantin' to go for a ride on the bike as I was leavin', told her no and when she asked why all I could think to say was that I didn't wanna' have to shoot the bike 'cause he was so ashamed of himself. Didn't go over real big. .-)~