Harley Davidson Forums banner

Power vision dyno tune vs screaming egal super tuner pro

16K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  singlebeam 
#1 ·
There is a shop in my town that tunes with a power vision and auto tune for 525 but all you get is a reflasged ecu you don't get the handheld device. They say my bike would pick up alittle power and be more rideable if I was to that the screaming egal super tuner pro off the bike and have them reflash the ecu with the power vision/ autotune but 525 without the handheld seems like alot of money. What is your guys veiw on this have them dyno tune it or just leave the screaming egal tuner and wait tell I do cams or big bore kit and get the power vision tuner from like fuel moto with there free map?

#3 ·
Chasarms is right.
Your bike can be tuned just as well with the SEST as with the PV. The benefit to the PV is that you can use autotune to slightly tweak a tune as you are riding the bike and it is easy to get a totally new tune to download to the bike if needed but you would need to own the PV module. You already own the SEST module.
I would find a tuner that uses the SEST unless you want buy the PV tuner for future upgrades.

#4 ·
You can get the PV from Fuel Moto for $499. Then you own the whole thing. A couple of auto tune sessions and you should have a pretty good map, and flexibility when you make further changes. Nothing beats a good dyno tune but if you're intent on squeezing every last horsepower out of it then you decide what you want.

#5 ·
And all the shop is doing for tuning is throwing a timing map on it and using auto tune to set the fuel that's why they say they can do it in an hour which yea you can Dail in wot in an hour but complete drive ability takes longer then an hour

After talking to doc it looks like the power vision is just another spin off of the screaming egal tuning it only has the same rate of data collection as the sert. I'm now looking into the track master tune and having someone that doc trained to do the tuning

#6 ·
SEST if it's a new one, properly dyno'd should be as good as it gets. You can also tweak it with a lap top and proper cable.

#7 ·
If a tuning shop is saying they only need one hour to tune your bike, find another shop! By the end of this year I'll have a little over 18,000 hours in a dyno cell and I can honestly say that even with all the stars aligned I've had only a handful of bikes that I was satisfied with in 1 hour. It's rare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I am having a new 110 Longblock w/255 cams put into my 2008 Ultra. I was going with the Harley's Pro Turner and Smart Tuner. The dealer says they are not sure the Smart tuner will work with the '08 so they want me to switch to the Powervision and Dynojet target tuner. This does jump the cost by almost $600

Is it worth it? I am looking to take road trips that will take me from sea level to the mountains. I do want to get the most from the new motor.

Any advice?

#11 ·
Dynalee
I just went through the tuner question. There are two shops in my area that have dynos, but neither have capable, trained, experienced tuners.

I went the V&H FuelPAK 3 direction that my indy really liked. After we got the correct can tune in it, I did a couple of auto tunes to clean up a few rough spots and I can tell you it worked really well.

The problem using a V&H is that your bike will not be listed with the new engine for a base tune and V&H tech support failed badly to come up with a can tune for my bike with the performance upgrades. I had to build my tune with the info in the tuner, then auto tune it. Keep in mind that the ECM will also improve the tune if you get the parameters pretty close. Actually, the more I ride the better it gets, especially fuel mileage.

#12 ·
Ok, I am pretty sure there is some bogus information in some of these replies. The SEST is not going to get you AFR/fuel ratio up where it needs to be. HD is having immoral relations with the EPA. They are not allowed to adjust the fuel much at all. After a SEST tune you will still be running lean, if you've changed pipes and or exhaust. The power vision will let you adjust the fuel to where you want/need it. Sure it's more expensive but you can do a lot more with it. I own one and I am very satisfied with it. I also own a SEST which I chunked in a drawer. Had my stage III done and tuned with the SEST. I hooked the power vision up to monitor the readings (SEST tune)and AFR/fuel was less than optimal. Now that The power vision has replaced the SEST, I can guarantee you that my bike is not even close to lean, ever, any speed, any gear, any RPM...Your bike your money...

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.