Harley Davidson Forums banner

Low Rider for Switchback

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Gizmo 
#1 ·
I have 2014 FXDL that a local car dealer wants to trade me a 2015 FLD Switchback for. The Switchback has Arlen Ness Big Sucker a/c, V&H Twin Slash slipon, and SE Fuel Pack, 2400 miles, like new. My FXDL has SE Heavy Breather, D&D Fatcat, and 5800 miles. He wants my bike and $1800. What do you think? I DO miss having bags. I know the Switchback is discontinued, but the engine , frame, etc. is typical dyna, so parts shouldn't be a concern really. The FLD belongs to a salesman who said he just never rides it and wants to get rid of it. They have a "CARFAX" on it, and everything looks good on that.

#2 ·
#7 ·
I don't know. After thinking about this for awhile, and browsing the internet for Switchbacks for sale, it seems like people are having a lot of trouble getting buyers for these bikes. Also seems like people want to sell them after only riding them a few hundred miles. Some guys are selling 2015 Switchbacks for well under $10,000. I saw one for sale with only 305 miles for $8600! Seems like NOBODY wants these bikes. I'm thinking I better pass on this. The dealer seems over anxious to sell me the bike, too. Something's just not right about the Switchback. They seem to be Harley's "red-headed stepchild".

#8 ·
I'll make the trade. MY 2014 FXDL for that one. I like the full front fender and solid bags. On second thought, I've got stage 1 intake and exhaust and FL-Vied-10 to inrichen the fuel and lots of other stuff. So, I better keep what I have.

#12 ·
Decided to keep the Low Rider. I've owned 2 SuperGlides which I traded for "baggers", and was sorry later on, so I sold them and got a dyna back. I traded my Street Glide for the Low Rider, because even at my age (66), I like the performance, feel, and look of the dyna family. I know if I bought the Switchback, I'd just feel like I was back on a "bagger". They look like USEFUL motorcycles, but maybe not much fun. Thanks for all your responses. Appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.