Harley Davidson Forums banner

anodized removal?? or Fueling??

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Cashewspaw 
#1 ·
so, getting all the parts together for my cam upgrade... the ONE thing I'm sure on, is I would like to be able to use the Roland Sands Clarity cam cover:

Clarity Cam Cover - Coverline - Roland Sands Design

I think that on my 03 with the silver and black paint, it would kick ass.

so...I've got 2 choices and two questions

as I'm going to be going to the hydraulic plate upgrade with the Zipper's tensioners, I can either use the Feuling plate (in silver), or the MoCo plate in orange, which comes with the oil pump upgrade I want.

I don't want orange on a black and silver bike, so can I somehow strip off the anodizing and get it down to the bare silver billet??

if I go with the (already silver billet) Feuling plate, can I use a Screaming Eagle oil pump?? or does it have to be the Feuling one?? I would rather pay the MoCo $140 than $400 for the Feuling one

#3 ·
look at the video in the link. the clarity line has "windows" that let ya see into the engine

#4 ·
that's kinda why they call it the "Clarity" line

#6 ·
do you think it could be powder coated? THAT would open up a boatload of ideas

#10 ·
good to know....still trying to figure out the oil pump difference. anyone know if I can mate the 2 different ones?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.