Harley Davidson Forums banner

Project Iron Wallet

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Bronxiron 
#1 ·
This is My 2013 883 Iron. This is my 1st Harley. I have owned many Crotch Rockets in My younger years. But now Im 33 with a kid on the way and thought it is time to get My Grown Man on. To give yall a lil back ground I am an extrem gear head. I have lots of old cars and trucks I tinker with on a reg. I HATE STOCK. Also everthing I build has Air ride and lays fram on the ground..SLOW AND LOW that is my motto. Now the Iron Wallet Story. Bought it new 5k miles ago. Upgrades are:
AN Big Sucker
Gutted stock pipes with DK Customes TTIs - soon to be handmade
2 into 1 with black wrap
Xieds - just change them out to a Cobra cvt tuner best 500 bucks ever spent. just install and ride it does all the work
Handmade 3" tank lift
1" to 3" drop brackets in rear - set on the 1" setting
48 seat with custom stitching
12" apes w/ spike grips
Handmade Hwy Pegs
Removed front fender
Cut up the ugly headlight eyebrow and made it smaller
Future Plans:
1250 Conv.
Springer Front
White Walls
Twisted Spoke Wheels w/ 21" or bigger front wheel
Now for some pics. I dont have any pics of what it looks like right now. I do something to this bike almost every weekend. These pics are all the ones I have right now. But I will add as i take them. Enjoy and please lmk what yall think of My 1st Harley

The day I rode it home

The start of the upgrades

handmade hwy pegs

See less See more
#4 ·
Kick ass dude! I always thought the iron's were sharp... kinna wish i waited and bought that instead of the 1200 I bought. Although, i could always black it out for the same effect. :)

No forward controls though? That's not annoyin the hell out of you?? Man I don't think I could tolerate my 1200 without em for long rides! For the highway miles, i got a set of those mustache crash bars from Harley with the pegs on em. I recommend highly!

#8 ·
I picked the AN Big Sucker because it was small...The stock Ham Can was to big...i noticed a nice power boost...but if are going to get one buy u a cvt tuner...i live in the hot ass south and the temps kill my bike. The xieds helped but didnt fix. the cobra cvt was is the ticket

#7 ·
No forward controls though? That's not annoyin the hell out of you?? Man I don't think I could tolerate my 1200 without em for long rides! For the highway miles, i got a set of those mustache crash bars from Harley with the pegs on em. I recommend highly![/QUOTE]

Dont need them with the why bars i has...plus it is nice to have the mid controls...i like being able to switch up feet positions on long rides

#12 ·
Never been a Hater. I have always Loved Cruisers, Choppers, Bobbers and all HD. I was real young when I started riding.(16) and as all youngsters I started with the rockets...Rockets suck. they are so usless to me now. I LOVE MY 883 IRON. The Look, The Ride, and the Pure Badassness....lol

#21 ·
LOL Just takes time. Like you, I built everything I have ever owned, The unique touch makes it yours. Looking good. Keep them pics coming. Always love to see Progress in the making. Our Rides are our own works of art that describes who we really are. FTW. Just thought I would throw that in there. Sometimes the world don't get it. We do. Peace

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.