Harley Davidson Forums banner

07 softail with Cobra fi2000 o2

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Ultra Struck 
#1 ·
Bought that bike with cobra fi tuner/thingy already installed. (LINK to Cobra thingy) Previous owner said that you "have to have" it other wise bike wont run right with k&n and pipes. Well bike runs grate except for slight decel pop. I haven't adjusted it any but I'm thinking of taking it off and riding it with out that tuner until I get the Dynojet PV. Is there any reason that would be a bad idea?
Also from what I have read PV is the way to go for future mods as well, like cams, head work and more cubic inches.

#2 ·
The fuel tuner adjusts the fuel mixture richer so the engine doesn't run lean do to the higher flow the AC and exhaust produce. Running the engine without the tuner can cause a lean condition and eventually damage the engine internal components.
You might be ok running it like that for a short period and not pushing the limits.

#7 ·
You could keep the cobra with your current set up but if you make more upgrades you will want a tuner like the PV or Thundermax or one that can be fully tuned and set up on a dyno. The Cobra is for a basic set up/lightly tuned/modified bike. It is not going to give you peak performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.