Harley Davidson Forums banner

Vance & Hines fp3

10K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Jimmers 
#1 ·
Thinking about getting the V&H fp3. Anyone that has one, how do you like it? Easy to use?

#4 ·
Very easy to use, and auto tune is as complicated as using a TV remote. If you're a tinkerer or want a digital display with gauges of your choice, I'd go for the power vision but if you just want to use it and forget about it, the fp3 is a good way to go.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: tekslk
#5 ·
My biggest issue is I don't know whats all been done to my bike. Previous owner didn't know if anything besides pipes had been done. So I'm in the dark here. It has decel pop and a slight spark knock on lower rpm highway speeds. Some have said it sounds like it has bigger cams in it from the idle lope, and compared to some differences in cam swap youtube videos it does sound like it might. Thinking it might be best to have something with a more full range of adjustment than something that just gives it more gas.

#6 ·
Well after a phone call with a tech at revzilla I'm left with more questions than answers. From way he talked my bike should be running like shit but other than the pop on deceleration it seems to run fine. Doesn't bog down or stumble when I snap the throttle.

#10 ·
:popcorn

FP3 vs PV vs SE vs ??

This is getting to be almost as much fun as which oil/pipes/air filter is best. YMMV

Full Disclosure:
I have the PV and love it. After doing my homework between the FP3 & PV, the versatility and capabilities of the PV (and being on sale w/ a custom map for my setup didn't hurt) won me over.

#16 ·
Love my FP3!
Some pops during auto tune, but after applying the tuned map now my bike goes perfect!
And I can use my iPhone to do everything which is very nerdy !
And I don't like to mess with cables on my bike. With FP3 you just need to connect it and that's all!

#17 ·
V&H intake and Eliminator slip ons and FP3 added,base map+ autotune.Runs great,deceleration pop once in a blue moon.very pleased.
Everybody raves about the race setting for throttle response and manual cautions you about it being possible unsafe.lol.
I like unsafe,but after setting it up,I didn't notice any difference.
Shrugs

#18 ·
I have the FP3 also , bike runs great , vary happy for the money. It has auto tune but for the more savvy tuner you can make manual adjustments to the AF table of your map , timing adjustments , it reads and clears codes , has several cams that you can get maps for. It has the ability to send data to V&H if your having some trouble , it's pretty hard to beat for around $300 if you shop around on line. The down side is no one seems to be able to dyno tune using one and if your doing a big bore kit or other custom work to your motor there's no map and it uses narrow band O2 sensors only so auto tune for custom stuff may not get you there. It also bonds to your VIN forever , it will only tune that bike.

The PV can do most every thing the FP3 can plus you can dyno tune with it , you can also auto tune and there's add on's like a wide band O2 sensor kit for Auto tune or target tune closed loop tuning ($400 ea ) . The PV also bonds to your VIN but you can buy a license for an additional bike.

The PV is right at $500 and I would highly recommend getting it through Fuel Moto , the FP3 can be had for around $300 if you shop around on line. If you only plan on stage 1 or 2 the FP3 is a great tuner for the money , easy to use and compact. If you plan on a build then the PV might be a better way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.