Harley Davidson Forums banner

Down time...

31K views 264 replies 58 participants last post by  jpassh2o 
#1 ·
Sorry about that.
This would be great time to tell us a story about when you were a little boy growing up on a small farm in Kansas!!

#18 ·
#20 ·
One thing to keep in mind if the doctors want to move forward with a MRI. Ask about a contrast MRI it will give them more detail of your condition such as a tears etc. that in many cases will not show with just a regular MRI. The process of a contrast MRI is they shoot the area up with dye it's very accurate with your condition. I'm on my fourth week of recovery from a Slap Tear of the Labrum tissue and of course other things where discovered at the time of surgery. I have not been on the bike in four weeks and that hurts more than the surgery! The one thing about down time she shines like no other bike out there!

good luck,
Ranger Rick...

#23 ·
Ok, Ortho Doc is done. Whew... No tears or blatantly visual damage just a severe strain of the ligaments and tendons. Now for PT twice a week for six weeks. They gave me a steroid shot in the joint and said it will hurt like h3ll for a couple of days then ease up.

I'm ecstatic there isn't gonna be any surgery! I'm still trying to figure out something that is light duty about driving a Bigrig.

#25 ·
Take that steroid shot like a man, hammer. It's gonna suck hard for a couple days. Represent and don't cry like a bitch, at least not with people around. :laugh

#34 ·
First PT appt. today...

Therapist was a small framed gal...

Everything seemed ok till...

She hooked me up to the tinge machine...

Argh! Back in the sling for a few hours, as instructed. Hand keeps freaking out, tingling, numb, no strength. She checked my grip strength at the start of the torture session... 140lbs on the right hand, 40lbs on the left!

#39 ·
Had to go in yesterday for a complete evaluation. Fawkin insurance idiots. Ended up with a migraine from a pinched nerve in my lower neck and shoulder. Spent nearly the entire day with heat and ice while chomping on ibuprofen like m&ms.

It was nearly midnight before it let up. Thankfully my wife took care of all of the wrapping duties. Luckily we had a great day so far....

Shoulder is starting to tighten up and my hand and fingers are beginning to tingle, so...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#40 ·
What the heck, hammer? I thought this was a cute little injury? Sure doesn't sound like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.