Harley Davidson Forums banner

Old Harley Rims

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Dave63 
#1 ·
Hi wondering if anybody can help me id these old wheels any help would be great thanks..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
One on left, Harley XL model. (Sportster) Pre-1979. Should be an 18" tire.

On right, looks like Harley.... 39-40 Knucklehead Style. But brake stay doesn't look right. Based on the brake stay, that would be a right-hand chain bike, where as HD in those years was left-hand.

Indian is right side........but not that style. Their brake arm is cast, not stamped steel.

#5 ·
First and foremost: NEVER TURN THE TURTLE/TORTOISE ON ITS BACK.

Turning it on his back might remove the little airspace still left in the lungs.

1. Grasp the turtle's head behind the ears (base of skull) and extend the neck completely.

2. Turn it head-down/tail up and open its mouth. Usually, some water will flow of drip out at this point. Wait until the dripping stops.

3. Place the turtle (belly down) on a flat surface with it's neck extended. Stand in front of the turtle.

4. Straighten his front legs and pull them straight toward you as far as they will go.

5. Keeping the legs straight, push them in as far as they will go. Do not let the legs bend at the elbows.

6. Continue pulling and pushing until water stops coming out.

Since some turtles develop pneumonia after drowning, the veterinarian will most likely recommend a course of antibiotics.

A note on mouth-to-mouth (or straw to mouth) breathing. I've seen it described in one place. I don't know whether it works, and I don't know whether the risk of blowing in too hard and damaging the lungs is worth it. The above instructions are proven to work in many cases.

A note on baby turtles: The smaller the turtle, the harder it is to help the animal, simply because of its small size.

#6 ·
(Copyright by Valerie Haecky. This document may be freely distributed for non-profit use, provided this notice is included.) :D

#7 ·
1. Grasp the turtle's head behind the ears (base of skull) and extend the neck completely.

2. Turn it head-down/tail up and open its mouth. Usually, some water will flow of drip out at this point. Wait until the dripping stops.

3. Place the turtle (belly down) on a flat surface with it's neck extended. Stand in front of the turtle.

4. Straighten his front legs and pull them straight toward you as far as they will go.

5. Keeping the legs straight, push them in as far as they will go. Do not let the legs bend at the elbows.

6. Continue pulling and pushing until water stops coming out.

I swear that I tried that on a gal I dated back in 70's. Flashbacks!!!

#11 ·
#12 ·
Oh...that's easy...... It's NOT getting caught that eludes me.......:wink

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.