Harley Davidson Forums banner

Vacation plans

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Sarah93003 
#1 ·
Got just about everything ready for my vacation. Going to ride out and camp by the lake with the wife. Whats your ideal vacation?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ride the Blue Ridge from start to finish over a few days stopping for a great burger and a fine craft beer for lunch and a grilled steak preceded by a 15 year old Spey Side single malt in the evening, no wait,

A week in the Black Hills of my home state of SD, my bike, my wife and nothing to do but ride and the sustenance mentioned above, no wait,

Two weeks in the Rockies, my bike, my bride and the sustenance mentioned above. wait I've got it,

Win a lottery, go on permanent vacation and get on my bike and get the final 810 dealership poker chips I need to complete my set:)

#5 ·
I don't know about the ideal vacation, but, wife and I are heading out tomorrow on a two week bike trip to Vancouver Island.
We plan three days riding to get there. Motel each night, no camping. Will be in our provinces capital for Canada Day, July 1st. Gonna meet our newest grand daughter and we have a tea date with our three year old grand daughter on her birthday, July 3rd.

I guess this is an ideal vacation now that I think of it.

Bruce

#10 ·
Ironman ? Is that a CHEVELLE in your picture ??? MY favorites are Daytona for Bike week and Sturgis. Other then that just getting out of the valley during MONSOON
. IS it still considered a vacation if your retired. Cause I'm on vacation everyday
....Rick
Yep it was my old 71 454 Chevelle. Just let it go a few weeks ago and got my Softail bagger. My ideal vacation would be loading up and headin to the mountains to ride the dragon again with the wife for a few days. Since we don't have time to get a backrest and luggage for a long trip that will have to wait til next July. So this year we'll camp by the lake and drink beer.

#15 ·
Depart 7/22 across Canada to Flint turn right up to Canadian border turn left to St marys, MO. Road going to the Sun. Back around thru Sturgis, Rapid city, Milwaukee, Museum, then ferry across lake slither, down thru Toledo, Cleveland (hope to stop at Slymans) then home. 12-15 days. 5000 miles.

#18 ·
My vacation officially starts July 4th. Just two more days of work. Can't wait to wake up without an alarm clock. We're gonna go to Elgin on the 6th to meet up with a friend and head out to Fredericksburg either that afternoon or the next morning. No definite plans. Just gonna ride and explore.

#20 ·
The best vacation I ever had was in 2008 when my sister, her boyfriend, and I all rode our bikes from SoCal to Mich and back. It was a rare time when we could take a month off of work and we were gone the entire time. Camping with a motorcycle was the best! I'm not one for "roughin' it", but I really enjoyed KOA across the US. When I retire I hope I am able to do a lot more of that.

We have a great country best seen from the saddle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.