Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#21,562 ·
That's good news. You may even find the one that came off on the way home and get the stuff that was in the bag.

Good they pay for it.... Hope you find your old one!
On the ride home I kept an eye on the other side of the freeway whenever I could, but didn't see any piles of pulverized fiberglass anywhere. When I got home I considered turning around and retracing my steps but the thought of 130 miles in weekend traffic that was really starting to pile up + 96° temperatures, I opted to drink beer instead.

Boblo, Glad it's going to be OK. Sounds like it's a good thing it didn't happen the day after tomorrow.

Yeah, the timing definitely worked out on the warranty thing!

Just think of all the people out there checking their saddle bag connections today.

Haha - glad I could help some folks.

#21,564 ·
Took a ride along the river, enjoying the respite from the heat. Haven't seen it this low in a long time.
Got home and replaced the rubber shock boot that was dried and ripped. I did the opposite side last year and recently noticed that the other side was breaking up. It took all of 10 minutes and I found that applying a little (lithium) grease to the bottom of the shock facilitated getting the boot over it with ease.

Attachments

#21,565 ·
On the ride home I kept an eye on the other side of the freeway whenever I could, but didn't see any piles of pulverized fiberglass anywhere. When I got home I considered turning around and retracing my steps but the thought of 130 miles in weekend traffic that was really starting to pile up + 96° temperatures, I opted to drink beer instead.

Yeah, the timing definitely worked out on the warranty thing!

Haha - glad I could help some folks.

Time for some bagger bolts Boblo.

#21,569 ·
Lost a saddlebag somewhere on my 65 mile ride to the dealership this morning. F***.
That sucks , seems the recall fix didn't fix the issue.

I have my recall replacement hardware the dealer gave me in a plastic bag. I had already swapped out the OEM ones before the recall with these.
If it were me I'd just order some now and ditch the OEM ones before your new bag arrives > >

https://www.hdsmallparts.com/locezy-.html

https://www.hdsmallparts.com/purchase-h-d---victory-locezys.html

#21,570 ·

I have my recall replacement hardware the dealer gave me in a plastic bag. I had already swapped out the OEM ones before the recall with these.
If it were me I'd just order some now and ditch the OEM ones before your new bag arrives > >

These are the same as I have on mine. While talking to the parts guy about exhaust the day I bought my bike, which was prior to the recall, he suggested a change out with these. They also make taking the bags off extremely easy.

#21,571 ·
We rode about 240 miles for chicken dinner today. Anyone in MN,WI,IA or IL should go to the Rockton Bar in Rockton WI. $9.75 for dry rub chicken, salad, beans and a roll. We usually go 2-3 times a summer. You have to call the day before and reserve yours.

Attachments

#21,575 ·
Had 20K service done Saturday. Made the appointment a few weeks back, didn't know they had a big ride and concert at Richmond Hd. That was a nice surprise met some cool folks while waiting.

Reactions: Trashman
#21,576 ·
Setting Mako up for the Yellowstone roll.

Taking the tour pack off, putting luggage rack on. Wife has to work so I will roll alone. My old wrestling couch, baseball couch, and history teacher, along with my dad (science teacher) all fly in and we fish. Most of the in their 70s now, so mostly I am their pack mule.

I carry in the gear and set it at a tree in the back country and go up stream fishing. They get there as knees and bad backs allow and start fishing. They leave the stuff by the tree and head out, when I come out I grab their gear and pack it out.

Used to be 18 of them ... Now there are only five left.

#21,577 ·
Bob, you're a darn good mule...I mean son.:grin Its great you are able to do this with and for your dad and riding to Yellowstone and fishing, superb! Your dad's in his 70's huh? That gives me pause.:smile

Reactions: jpassh2o
#21,578 ·
Time for some bagger bolts Boblo.
Yeah, replacing the OEM hardware has been on the to-do list for a year now. I have absolutely no explanation or excuse as to why I never did it. *smacking forehead

Thanks, Duce. Never heard of those. I went with the Brukus SaddlebagSecure kit on my last bike and think I'll do the same on this one. I like the added security of them being a pain in the ass to get loose.

Reactions: 67Duce
#21,580 ·
I rode her to the Dr and then home so I could be here for the HVAC guy. They had to rebalance the system because my two bedrooms were 4&5 degrees warmer than the rest of the house. This afternoon it felt cooler in those rooms but still a little warmer. We shall see what my daughter says in the morning. The guy tried to tell me to sleep with the doors open so the air could circulate. I informed him that he obviously didn't see my many awards and firehouse stuff when he came in. Informed him it was a known fact to be deadly to sleep with your bedroom door open. He shut up on that subject and said that on Friday if it doesn't relieve the problem to call and they would come out and make the trunk line to that side of the house bigger. I informed him that's what he would be doing because it's a new house and it will be done right not putting a bandage on it. So I'll call on Friday and tell them to come and fix it the way it should have been done in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.