Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#26,961 ·
its now 5,15pm afternoon here in UK
ok. not as much as i thought. the east coast u.s. in an hour ahead of us here in the midwest. the west coast u.s. is 2 hours behind us.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: English Triker
#26,963 ·
Just got back from New York. Rode over to see The Godfather. Great times. 1443 miles.

This happened on the way home...

This happened on the way home, too...

Had a blast. Thanks, Stangs!

#26,972 · (Edited)
Man, everyone's getting mileage rewards lately, congrats.

I haven't been doing a lot lately. Between trying to catch up on a lot of stuff after my trip and it being back to raining every day, it's hard to find the time.

Now I don't mind riding in the rain, but I'd rather not do it. Gearing up in the rainsuit is a bit of a pain and then there's the already crappy cages here that get even worse, then washing it off later.

Going to try to get a ride in today though, but if my wife doesn't have work, we have to transfer her old car to me, then transfer her tag to her new car and get a tag for me on the old one, and I have a doctor's appointment at 2:00, so who knows.

When I have been riding, I have been mostly scouting for fun roads to ride around here, but there's basically none so far. Too much traffic and too straight, or too many lights/stops. I requested to join two different local motorcycle groups on Facebook where I could ask if they know any, but neither has accepted my join request yet.

Though there are a few back roads that have some OK sections, but the speed limits are too low and there's always someone on them going 10 under the already low limit. It's really making me miss how great the riding was in the northeast (between traffic that actually moves and generally doesn't cruise in the left lane, people actually go at least the speed limit and/or get out of the damn way, the twisties, etc).

I need to get some miles in so I can wear out this back tire, it's taking forever. I want to change my now highly creaky swingarm bearings, but I'd rather wait until I have to take off the rear tire to change it, since mounting that thing is a pita.

#26,973 ·
Now I don't kind riding in the rain, but I'd rather not do it. Gearing up in the rainsuit is a bit of a pain and then there's the already crappy cages here that get even worse, then washing it off later.
I still carry a rainsuit... but haven't worn it in over a year and that was just the jacket. The pants have been over 5 years? I kind of gave up on them. the only time I did wear them was because the temp dropped dramatically and it was all about staying warm, not dry. Chills are hard to shake. I can always change when I get where I am going.

#26,975 ·
Nice rocker Roy. That's a lot of riding, keep it up.

Reactions: gtrman66
#26,976 ·
I cleaned her up. Turned a big fan on, put her up on the jack and cleaned up the paint with Quick Detailer and did the chrome with Turtle Wax chrome cleaner. Already for some dry weather.

#26,978 ·
How about you take some of ours JLR? It is going to be a BRUTAL ride home today. I'm taking the truck for a while after this.
Whew! I'm hot just looking at that forecast :laugh The high 80's is going to seem real nice here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.