Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#5,661 ·
Went on my first ever PGR ride today. A 30 year old Army Staff Sergeant (I didn't know him) was killed in a pedestrian accident. I was very proud playing a small part in the service by being one of the 30 of us holding a flag because the family was so thankful that so many PGR riders showed up. I'm not ashamed to say that I teared up quite a bit during the service.

#5,664 ·
Last Monday - while it was raining - I swapped out the 30 tooth front sprocket/pulley on my Sportster for a 32 tooth one I bought off e-bay a while back. With the new cams and head-work, the motor felt like it had more than enough torque to handle the higher overall gearing. Now, while cruising at 60 mph, I'm turning 2800 rpm - instead of the normal 3000 - 3100 with the stock 29 or 30 tooth pulleys.

#5,665 ·
Went on my first ever PGR ride today. A 30 year old Army Staff Sergeant (I didn't know him) was killed in a pedestrian accident. I was very proud playing a small part in the service by being one of the 30 of us holding a flag because the family was so thankful that so many PGR riders showed up. I'm not ashamed to say that I teared up quite a bit during the service.
:thumb

#5,666 ·
Gave Gilley a pat as I walked by her to get in the cage and drive to the airport. I'm gonna miss her this week.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#5,670 ·
Not sure if this goes in the Beer thread, the Gun thread or the General thread.

Took my wife shooting to try out potential CCW guns. Borrowed her father's Ruger SR9C.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Air gun

See the hole almost dead center in the bullseye? That was her very first shot.

Sport venue Circle

Had lunch at Skoogs, rode back home, cleaned the guns and am now relaxing with a Guinness and a Punch Gran Puro Sesenta.

Drink Frappé coffee Coffee Pint Milkshake

Riding, shooting, drinking. What else is there?!?!?!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#5,673 ·
Went on a nice 250 mile ride. Ended up at the Harley Plant in York PA. Google said they are open 24/7 so we were hoping, but noooo...store and tours not on weekends...oh well...there was a biker outlet right down the road so I bought a patch for my vest...All in all good ride since we just winged it and happened to be in York............

#5,678 ·
Took my youngest daughter (13) on a 4 hour ride in the Loess Hills of Iowa, including a quick stop for lunch.
Then emptied out most of my crap from my tour pak and saddlebags because I am taking it to the dealer to fix my LED turn signal. Part has been on order for about 2 months, which is a bit irritating. I'm also getting the 10,000 mile service. After this one I'll be doing it myself.
Might get a new rear tire too. It still isn't at the tread wear indicator but a month from now I'm headed down to Arkansas with a lot of twisty roads so I hate to be right on the verge of needing new tires when I go. I'll put probably 2,000 miles on during the trip .

#5,679 ·
Might get a new rear tire too. It still isn't at the tread wear indicator but a month from now I'm headed down to Arkansas with a lot of twisty roads so I hate to be right on the verge of needing new tires when I go. I'll put probably 2,000 miles on during the trip .

I'd just go ahead with a new tire so you don't have it haunting you on your trip , just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.