Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#5,962 ·
Road to work Wednesday, Thursday and today. Wiped her down. Ready to ride to the Blues Festival in Freeport tomorrow. Found a few patches from my old 49th AD at a army surplus store. Thinking of sewing one onto my mesh jacket, but not sure if is proper to put a patch on a non service jacket.

#5,963 ·
Those kinda patches are always proper!

Got a babysitter and I took the OL out for her first ride since she crashed her bike in 2009 coming back from the OBX. She was a little jittery on the corners at first but it ended up being a great ride.

#5,976 ·
Well I took the bike to Kersting's HD to get a new connector put on the throttle position sensor. I bought my bike from a different dealer a little more than a year ago. When I explained my problem to the techs at that dealer, they were dumbfounded and just told me that it would take a "few days" to trouble shoot the "real" problem.

I called Kersting's on my way home that day and I spoke with a guy named Brock. He stopped me right in mid sentence and knew exactly what I was experiencing with my problem.

After arriving at Kersting's today, I drank my fill of coffee and within the hour my bike was done. Brock came out side and found me and explained what was fixed. As we walked back into the garage area there was a brand, spankin new 2014 CVO Soft tail parked in the middle of everything. Brock stopped me and said, "dude, go over there and sit on that!" He then showed me all the new doo-dads and features on the bike. It was NICE.

After talking "bikes" I went up front to pay my bill and pee before I headed out on my way. As I stepped out of the store it started to pour rain and a bunch of Mason/bikers came riding in to get out of the rain. I chatted with them a bit and then thought that I should go out and get my seat cushion off my bike so at least I'd have a dry ass going home. When I poked my head out in the lot I seen my bike was gone! After scoping out the area in a quick panic I found my bike. My bike and all the other bikes that were parked out front for service were tucked up under the front porch roof...nice and dry. The service techs there at Kersting's ran out and moved all these bikes out of the rain. I waited till the rain past and then thanked the crew there and came home to spend the afternoon with the daughter and grand-kid.

I'll never go back to the dealer I bought my bike from...not even for air in the tires. My bike is running "tops" and life is good.

Attachments

#5,980 ·

Congrats on the new ride!

I can't quite wrap my head around the chick with the sabre and...is that a broomhandle Mauser?! Crazy stuff, but it makes me smile first thing in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.