Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#6,461 ·
Negative. We got one more ride coming after I'm done sticking it to Minnie.
Note.. I said holding place.. not storage.. you know I'll break her out for another run.. waiting for your return from the land of OZ..

#6,462 ·
What helmet did you get ?
I got it at HD, its a Vega, snap on visor and face shield. I didn't wear the face shield as I thought it might fog and I was getting on the interstate, right away. Slight buffeting, but if its the visor, all I have to do is unsnap it. First time with it, not bad, its only a half though.

Attachments

#6,467 ·
hilljack that was plastic dip paint i picked up at home depot or lowes cant remember and got some clear coat at local oreillys the forks came out better than the turn sigs.
four coats of plastic 30 minutes between then 24 dry time then clear . its not bad and its not real great either but you can see what you like black or not.i did fenders too then off to powder coat they went latter the forks and everything else to coater. but for now its not bad just dont get close an look. feels like paint after its cleared.

#6,468 ·
I got it at HD, its a Vega, snap on visor and face shield. I didn't wear the face shield as I thought it might fog and I was getting on the interstate, right away. Slight buffeting, but if its the visor, all I have to do is unsnap it. First time with it, not bad, its only a half though.
I'm debating what I want to try , I have FF but been looking at half helmets , I'll have something for the may trip.

#6,470 ·
I'm debating what I want to try , I have FF but been looking at half helmets , I'll have something for the may trip.
I have a full, and used it to ride into Nebraska (helmet state). What a miserable thing strapped to my head, moved around was heavy, very uncomfortable. I figure if I'm gonna get serious I best start with something I am going to wear, so thats why I went with the half. I was only out for a short time and had my face mask on, so far so good.

#6,472 ·
I have a full, and used it to ride into Nebraska (helmet state). What a miserable thing strapped to my head, moved around was heavy, very uncomfortable. I figure if I'm gonna get serious I best start with something I am going to wear, so thats why I went with the half. I was only out for a short time and had my face mask on, so far so good.
Agreed. I hate a full. Mainly because of the diminished peripheral vision. I can stomach the half because from a visibility standpoint it's as good as domeless.

I like the skull, Gold.

Glad you're not storing her yet.

#6,473 ·
536 miles this weekend to close the camper. Two hours of work; two days of fall colors, bars and miles. Sad it's over.

#6,474 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.