Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#6,585 ·
hit 60000 miles yesterday.. not a bad run for me so far

#6,589 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Mode of transport
Vehicle Motorcycle Asphalt Grass Road
Took my 883 out for a spin on the island.. Also while out with my roommate on my rebel250, we taught one of my best friends how to ride a motorcycle (day 1 basics) and watching her joy was AWESOME!! She will likely buy the rebel, once she really gets cozy and gets a permit.... Then once my jeep sales, I will be getting my deluxe and let roommate use my 883:)

Was Gorgeous weather to ride in... Went home in pain again tho, god I need a soft tail!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#6,590 ·
Ordered some S&S head-pipes for the S.G. (That's about the extent of my winter mod plans this year.)

I've been putting off the inevitable winterizing of the bikes, hoping for at least one more decent ride...but all it seems to want to do is rain or snow.

#6,591 ·
Ordered some S&S head-pipes for the S.G. (That's about the extent of my winter mod plans this year.)

I've been putting off the inevitable winterizing of the bikes, hoping for at least one more decent ride...but all it seems to want to do is rain or snow.
Never go full winterized.

#6,593 ·
Never go full winterized.
Never did...before I moved to Wisconsin. Back in Maryland, you could always count on a few "rideable" days throughout the winter. Not the case here in the northwoods. Snow is snow is snow.

#6,594 ·
well today i was going to install my freshly powder coated fuel tank only to find out the dam coater put a dent in it and tried to cover it up.
i noticed a small irregular spot and then my brain said stick my hand in the tank and feel around, sure as shit theres a fuggin dent. now im fully pissed off. wanna shoot the coater
drove back to coater said (pretty calmly) this is a first for me) how r you gunna rectify this. im waiting for the owner to call me this evening.

#6,597 ·
Well last night I finally started assessing what happened to my bike when I went down. The saddlebag will bear a few scars but is not horrible , right mirror , master cylinder and looks as though the bars are tweeked.

Got a set of mirrors last week , have a set of hard bags I got a few weeks ago. Now it looks like I need some new handlebars , back to the search.

#6,598 ·
took a ride yesterday evening for a tour of a friend's shop (mancave i'd call it) for a look at a 1940 indian chief that had belonged to his father. it's all complete, but needs restored. once there, he showed me his other bikes. in one state or another, there was everything from a 1950's Cushman stake bed three-wheeler, a bmw, a Kawasaki, several 1960's Hondas, bultacos, a triumph 650, a hodaka, and, his rider, a triumph triple.
really too much iron to see at one time! I've got to go for another visit!
regards,
dave

#6,599 ·
I fabricated a new bracket for my backrest. The original was too high on my back, even in lowest position. Now I have lumbar support. Center pic is lowest stock bracket would go. Right pic is lowest now.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.