Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#6,741 ·
Awesome! If the canned map was specific to your equipment, the dyno may be pretty close to redundant. Your call. A map probably can't do as exact a job as a good dyno mechanic, but a LOT of guys are totally satisfied. You MAY want to consider putting that bread towards something else.

No wrong answer, totally owner's preference. Best wishes, man. Gorgeous bike.
It's kind of a generic canned map from TTS. Slip-on and a/c. The a/f (Lambda) tables have been richened but not sure what else since I'm not able to view the original factory map (different program to open that).

I'm planning on cam change and V&H Power Duals head pipes in early spring and will have it dyno tuned then.

But for the short term, my local dealer has a flat dyno fee for TTS equipped bikes. So to optimize my current mods, I may opt for that.

#6,743 ·
50mph gusts and a tornado warning in my county till 4.

I'll be staying off her today. Unless I go drink a beer in the garage. Then I might sit on her and say vroom vroom.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Don't do too many "vroom vrooms" in an enclosed garage. It tends to cause condensation. :DeadHorse:

#6,744 ·
Rebel! Btw. You previously mentioned you ride wearing a bandana over your face in cold weather. How do you keep your glasses from fogging?
Well - see - ya put the rag over you face (top end the nose) an not over you specs.

Dumbass :DeadHorse:

Jeez.

#6,750 ·
Well - see - ya put the rag over you face (top end the nose) an not over you specs.

Dumbass :DeadHorse:

Jeez.
Well sorry that someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning, but I'm not quite that stupid. I put the bandana just on the tip of my nose and they still fog up.

I have a picture of me when I was borrowing the OL's pink bandana that I took. Yep it goes against my morals to wear pink, but it was better than getting frostbite.
Finger Hand Glove Cool Fun

Or is that over my specs too much?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#6,751 ·
Well sorry that someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning, but I'm not quite that stupid. I put the bandana just on the tip of my nose and they still fog up.

I have a picture of me when I was borrowing the OL's pink bandana that I took. Yep it goes against my morals to wear pink, but it was better than getting frostbite.
View attachment 137993

Or is that over my specs too much?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Ixnay on the inkpay ashingbay.

Pink is a great color. That is if you are secure in you masculinity.

And I noticed a few angry posts by Mr. Phillips today. Must have been an off day.

And yes, the lenses still fog up with the bandana on the nose.

#6,752 ·
Ixnay on the inkpay ashingbay.

Pink is a great color. That is if you are secure in you masculinity.

And I noticed a few angry posts by Mr. Phillips today. Must have been an off day.

And yes, the lenses still fog up with the bandana on the nose.
His avatar and name ring a bell from other forums I have been on. Course am sure others may use that avatar.
Can there be 2?! :whoa

#6,756 ·
Yeh those look good. I Have a set including turn signals on the Christmas list.. hope Santa delivers. Like the windshield trim also. That was one of my first mods, after slipons.....
Thank you! I am planning on switching the bracket to the passing lamps to the ones that the 14s have on them...and then I want to switch to the bullet style turn signals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.