Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#6,764 ·
Apologized to it for neglecting it for so long and explained about how busy I've been....Don't think it bought it though.

#6,768 ·
Got home from a trip on Monday and found a new set of S&S head-pipes waiting by the door. Yesterday, I started to install them. Took about an hour to get the old parts off and everything switched over to the new pipes (O2 sensors and snap-rings/flanges) and I was flying along...then I had to go walk the dog. Oh well, no rush as there's about 5 months of winter to get through before I can even test ride her.

#6,769 ·
Last night, I pulled rear caliper with the intention of replacing the brake pads. They were actually pretty thick (almost a 1/8th inch). I could not get the caliper completely off without removing or loosening the axle, so I just inspected the ends. Last time I did it, the back wheel was off. Any ticks to getting it off without removing or loosening the wheel? Any gotchas concerning ABS? I did a pretty thorough search and came up with a few, but no step by step with ABS. Even the manual and Youtube was not much help.

After buttoning the caliper back in place, I set up my highway mounts with my old rear passenger pegs. Being shorter, I used the extended adjustable mounts and cam up with a position above and to the right of the brake. A perfect fit. In the pic, they appear even, but they are actually elevated. I spent a lot of time adjusting and readjusting. Rode to work this morning and will make a slight adjustment to the left side tonight, but I like the right side. Now I have another position when on my longer rides.

#6,770 ·
Finished installing the S&S head-pipes...

...and, my reupholstered seat arrived from Mean City...

Now, all I need is for it to be April!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.