Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#6,922 ·
Got another highly anticipated phone call regarding paint. Finalized the design idea, and colors.
Painter has 2 projects in front of mine. Was told 2 weeks. Considering the work needed on the rolled rear fender I`m psyched. He is going to hand sand as much metal as he can to minimize the need for fill. Then a lite coat to level the low spots. Then paint.
Even the GF is smiling and laughing because I`m so stoked and playing the ass.

#6,923 ·
Installed HD large Mini FootBoards. Install and adjustment with no issues with existing controls on bike. Now I cant wait go on extended ride break them in.

#6,924 ·
Installed HD large Mini FootBoards. Install and adjustment with no issues with existing controls on bike. Now I cant wait go on extended ride break them in.
You're going to love this mod. Pics?

#6,928 ·
Found the c-clip that goes on the clutch rod, installed same. Re-installed the kicker cover, filled primary, topped off tranny and am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to take it out for a test run. Hopefully all the tranny gremlins I have been stomping on are dead on the garage floor.

I've been looking for high crown brass acorn nuts to replace all the chrome ones on the bike...do you realize how hard it is to find 5/16" 24 high crown brass acorn nuts? F'n impossible locally. Interwebs here I come!

#6,930 ·
Do`t have a Ride Bell?
Yep. But it has to be on the road for it to sound off. Been down for a little bit now and those stupid gremlins seem to be climbing all over it at the moment.

#6,931 ·
Yep. But it has to be on the road for it to sound off. Been down for a little bit now and those stupid gremlins seem to be climbing all over it at the moment.
Have heard of Shop Bells too. But unless they are mechanically powered or ya have a cat to always play with it would imagin they do`t do much good.

#6,933 ·

Attachments

#6,935 ·
#6,937 ·
Had a pleasant surprise yesterday. When I first started looking to get my bike the press release said the CVO Breakouts were part of the anniveresary line and had a bunch of cool stuff from the museum included in the deal. By the time I got the bike, late June, the dealer said they were CVOs, but not anniversary editions so the museum stuff wasn't included.

I had a nightmare getting the bike in the first place so I didn't give it much though. I just got a package from HQ with all the museum stuff this week. It isn't much but I thought it was a cool surprise especially since I had no expectation of it. I will try to make the trip out there this Spring I think.

#6,939 ·
Looks great! Glad you're liking them. Any difference in your cornering clearance?
Bill, Have not had the chance to go out back roads yet. But they extend out just about the same as stock pegs, thinking be the same. Have a Christmas Parade this Saturday, be a good time after that to find out, unless the rev-limiter goes along:ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.