Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#7,661 ·
You may want to consider using a 520 chain, and not a 530. Less rotating mass. Used on Superbikes and never breaks. 200 HPs....
The chain I plan on getting doesn't come with any of the conversion kits. It is a EK 530 ZZZ and it has a tensile strength of 11,100 lb. In the wear life index is 1700. And rated at 190 hp. And has no measurable stretch in the 1st 600 miles and the weight for 100 links is 4.85 lb. About 1 pound heavier than the 520.I have seen but a lot stronger unless you go to a drag chain and the wear factor on the drag chains are about 200. I also found a really cool gear ratio calculator that automatically calculates everything here is a link to it.
They have several years of bikes to choose that automatically puts in the stock ratios and then boxes where you can put in alternate ratios.

Big Boyz Head Porting - Gear Ratio Comparator and Belt Calculator

#7,664 ·
I am ready for summer.
Rather than a random statement there was supposed to be a picture of my bike parked next to a large piece of ice with the statement. My phone has chosen to be retarded today and the pic did not load. So I rode to work this morning. It was a nice 31° and supposed to be a wonderful 51° when I get off this afternoon.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#7,672 ·
I looked at it, saw the green light from the battery tender, smiled, went to work!

I know this feeling. So much better than the red light of doom or NO light of confusion.

#7,673 ·
I shouldn't have done it...

It got warm enough in the garage yesterday and...I started her. Just to hear it.

I know, I know...but I just couldn't help myself. I'm so weak.

#7,674 ·
I shouldn't have done it...

It got warm enough in the garage yesterday and...I started her. Just to hear it.

I know, I know...but I just couldn't help myself. I'm so weak.

Once ain't gonna hurt nothin. It did more good for your soul than it did harm to your juices.

#7,678 ·
Only 37 this morning, but 66 going home. Glorious day to ride again :D

Spring has finally sprung.

#7,679 ·
Only 37 this morning, but 66 going home. Glorious day to ride again :D

Spring has finally sprung.
Rode in this morning as well. 38 in Houston, but warming up rapidly. A great ride in this morning.
Spring is here. I hope we have seen the last of the freezes. Got plants (tomatoes and jalapenos) on my back porch waiting to be planted this weekend. Too bad I have to work all day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.