Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#7,783 ·
A few things accomplished today. I hate the phone so I rode to the dealer where I bought her last week to set up an appointment to get the HD Security system Installed in her next week while we are out of town.

Then wandered around for a while trying to see how many miles I can drive before the fuel light comes on (189.5 this time).

I can't say enough about how much I like the ride of the '12 and the way the 103" feels. It is a whole other plane com paired to my old '01.

Just put her back in the garage for a few minutes. Gotta leave here shortly and meet up with my SIL for dinner, so I'll take the new scoot.

The object in life is not to arrive in a pristine, well preserved body; rather it is to skid in sideways, a drink in one hand screaming "Woo Hoo, that was one HELL of a ride!"

#7,784 ·
Installed chrome lower legs and new Agitator mag wheel. I used dyna beads for the first time for balancing. No problems with the install and it looks good. I took it out for a short ride after I was done.

#7,785 ·
Got me a stablemate for GG :D

Put almost 100 miles on it this evening. First mod complete. 1/2" drill rod and a big hammer, now it can breath!

#7,788 ·
finally finished her up. speaker lids came back from painter today. winter mods this year, 10" LA Chopper twin peaks bagger bars with new mirrors and levers. dual bulb head light, hog tunes saddlebag speaker kit and HT 4 channel amp, progressive rear shocks and a short CVO passenger back rest (not on in pics) Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

#7,789 ·
Just finished installing the Wards FCS and the highway pegs on her.

Will drop her off at the dealer tomorrow AM to get the alarm system installed while we are out of town for the week.

The object in life is not to arrive in a pristine, well preserved body; rather it is to skid in sideways, a drink in one hand screaming "Woo Hoo, that was one HELL of a ride!"

#7,790 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank Car

I am beginning to like black trim...

(Go ahead Chief, I know I opened that door wide...)

#7,791 ·
View attachment 184849

I am beginning to like black trim...

(Go ahead Chief, I know I opened that door wide...)

Too easy.

#7,792 ·
finally finished her up. speaker lids came back from painter today. winter mods this year, 10" LA Chopper twin peaks bagger bars with new mirrors and levers. dual bulb head light, hog tunes saddlebag speaker kit and HT 4 channel amp, progressive rear shocks and a short CVO passenger back rest (not on in pics) View attachment 184817

View attachment 184825

Hot sex.

#7,793 ·
Too easy.

Just no challenge shooting fish in a barrel, is there?

I didn't see the obvious joke until after I had proofread it...

#7,794 ·
Ordered up some Progressive rear shocks and a set of Klock Werks muffs to go with the new head-pipes.

I hope spring gets here soon, cause winter is starting to get expensive.

#7,795 ·
Rode mine to Daytona and back. Had a great time there. Bike ran like a champ. I did find out about one oops I made when I installed my Apes. Apparently I broke the brake stop lamp switch in the front switch housing. My brake light was constantly on and flashing from my Backoff modulator. Had to jimmy rig it in Daytona and keep playing with the handle to make contact. It didn't really work too well, but I didn't get pulled over. Now I must order a new switch.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#7,796 ·
That is a real common "oops". I either broke mine or just did not get the break lever back on properly when putting on my new drag bars.
Have a new switch lying around. Just have to track down which is the cause.

Ticks me off cause I knew it was a bit touchy. But goofed anyways.

#7,798 ·
Just returned from a couple of days on the road. Met a California riding buddy in New Orleans and gave him the grand tour then worked east to my place to get packed and ready. Headed out to Florida the other day and just arrived back around mid-day today (and almost but not quite by 1.2 miles missed getting a good soaking by Ma Nature).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.