Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#8,663 ·
#8,665 ·
Looks good Roy. I have the same bag and headlight trim as well.
Thanks! I like the way it extends the headlight. Went by Home Depot and got:
Needlenose vise grips (favorite tool)
Hex Key Allen Wrenches
#2 Philips screwdriver
Standard screwdriver
Medium size crescent
Torx Key Set
7/16", 1/2" & 9/16" Combination wrenches​

Wrapped them in a towel (to cut down on rattle) and stuffed it in there.

I hit the biggest, juiciest, nastiest bug in 30 years of riding this morning. Felt like I needed a shower when I got to work.

#8,666 ·
Installed my HIDs yesterday before work. Eager to ride at night now! Pic doesn't do it justice but it's way brighter than my LED light.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#8,669 ·
Put air in the tires, I have to do things on the fly while its still in "holding".. not real proud of this, but if it serves as a heads up, I'm good. Took it out for some slow speed drills, thought I had checked air pressure fairly recent....WRONG. After my third quick stop, with the tires squealing I knew I was too low. Both at 27.5 psi... I'll never do that again.

#8,671 ·
T-4 days since my bike broke...getting the ridin' jitters! Luckily the weather has been nasty and I have been busy as all hell so it was admittedly a great time for the bike to break...if there ever is such a thing as a great time for a bike to break. I miss her..she must be scared we have never been apart like this before!

#8,674 ·
I rode to the dealer to get my garmin 665 warrantied...(the Xm radio stopped working) well on the way to the dealership it came back on... So they checked it out and everything seemed to be ok, it was a beautiful 80 mile ride...got out there this morning and the Xm wasn't working again!!gggrrrr!! Well looks like another wonderful rode to the dealership...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#8,678 ·
I rode to the dealer to get my garmin 665 warrantied...(the Xm radio stopped working) well on the way to the dealership it came back on... So they checked it out and everything seemed to be ok, it was a beautiful 80 mile ride...got out there this morning and the Xm wasn't working again!!gggrrrr!! Well looks like another wonderful rode to the dealership...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Aggravating huh...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.