Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#8,961 ·
I moved 35 of those today as well as bags of pavers sand and pea gravel. I'm worn out from landscaping work today. Get well soon and back in the saddle!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
HRHDGUY, those 10 16"x16" blocks were done right after I flat stacked all the other patio blocks in outside garden dept. per asst store mgrs. orders. Hell, I'm 69 yrs old n the douch has me doing that, maybe cause I work harder and faster than most 21yr olds.

Hey, Gramps, sometimes ya got to keep ur distance from me if there's open flames around.:D

#8,962 ·
HRHDGUY, those 10 16"x16" blocks were done right after I flat stacked all the other patio blocks in outside garden dept. per asst store mgrs. orders. Hell, I'm 69 yrs old n the douch has me doing that, maybe cause I work harder and faster than most 21yr olds.

Hey, Gramps, sometimes ya got to keep ur distance from me if there's open flames around.:D
I feel safe right now unless you had beans.

#8,963 ·

I wasn't comparing how many we both moved, just saying I know those things are heavy and can put a hurtin on you. I don't think I would have finished everything today if a friend hadn't helped. It took almost everything I had in me to load the cart and get it all in the truck. That assistant store manager of yours needs an ass whuppin.

#8,965 ·
Well, started doin the bar change. Got every thing off outta the way, except one little brace for the brake line. Snapped one torx bit and twisted another. Still ain't got that little bastard out yet.
Got the throttle cables hooked up, no problem, the other brake line, no problem, then there is the clutch cable......
Git it all hooked up, the cable adjusted a loose as it will go and it still needs slack. I know I put everything together like it came out, but things just ain't clicking. Guess I'm a gonna have to take the cable cover back off again just to make sure.

But on a good note, I love the bars, think they gonna be just right.
Here's a few pics as she sits........

Attachments

#8,967 ·
Well, started doin the bar change. Got every thing off outta the way, except one little brace for the brake line. Snapped one torx bit and twisted another. Still ain't got that little bastard out yet.
Got the throttle cables hooked up, no problem, the other brake line, no problem, then there is the clutch cable......
Git it all hooked up, the cable adjusted a loose as it will go and it still needs slack. I know I put everything together like it came out, but things just ain't clicking. Guess I'm a gonna have to take the cable cover back off again just to make sure.

But on a good note, I love the bars, think they gonna be just right.
Here's a few pics as she sits........

Looking good Pooh!!!

#8,970 ·
Got back from Cody on the bike with my daughter just in time for a severe thunderstorm warning. My wife asked if we could make room in the garage to pull in a car (bike in garage and other stuff as well). Made room pulled in the car and the all hell broke loose. Hail. So bike and 1 car safe, but truck and 2 other cars have damage and some on the house.

Glad we made it home in time

I'll post a pic later. Can't upload pix to site from phone anymore

#8,972 ·
I wasn't comparing how many we both moved, just saying I know those things are heavy and can put a hurtin on you. I don't think I would have finished everything today if a friend hadn't helped. It took almost everything I had in me to load the cart and get it all in the truck. That assistant store manager of yours needs an ass whuppin.

Hey I didn't mean to be one upin. Ur right about him needing an ass whuppin, but that's corporate America, always going to be a chest beater around.

#8,973 ·
Put about a hundred miles on it running some errands.....great weather....

#8,980 ·
Yesterday I took my friend to pick up his new to him Ducati (in the cage.) On the way home I almost got smashed into a jersey barrier by a fed ex driver who had his 4 ways on in the right lane followong a slower truck in front of him. He decided to get in the left lane as I was passing him instead of slowing down. I was not in his blond spot yet as I was only about a quarter past him (he had double trailer.) I was lucky I could hit the brakes and avoid it. Of course when I did pass him I gave him the old single finger salute.

After that I rode around with my buddy with his Ducati and then my other buddy with a soft tail joined us. I took the bike to go midnight bowling.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Automotive lighting

Rode to and from work today, ended up being a little chilly on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.