Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#16,661 ·
Woke up at 5am, road down the street and got pulled over... cop got out his car and said are those stock pipes...then we started talking about bikes and he has a Road king as well.. he is a cop in the town next to me, so I will see him around, funny how you meet other riders.
Then road down about 20 min (lyndhurst), woke up a fellow rider and we took a ride a down route 23, route 202, near greenwood lake , up by Warwick,ny then back down 23 and back to bergen county great ride, probably 140 miles,.. good times!!
That's my story today, what was your like..
Ride safe

#16,665 ·
Was going to run to Mt. Spokane, and maybe out to the dealership. Have a couple of birthday gift cards burning a hole. ;-)

But, out of town friends showed up so I met wife and them at Manito Park (Duncan Gardens). Then met son and his family at our new favorite Mexican place. Son gave me another Harley gift card.

So, now I have three. Gonna make a run to the dealer tomorrow. For sure!

#16,667 ·
big wood,I have lived in Warwick Nr the center of England for years.I wonder if many years ago a Guy moved from Warwick UK to the USA and decided to name his settlement in the USA Warwick after the UK.
:nod There are many many locations in the US that are named after locations that the original residents came from.

#16,669 ·
Able to squeeze in a couple of light rides in between family obligations this weekend...blessed relief!

#16,672 ·
#16,675 ·
What's up?
Still feeling vibration in the floorboard. I had the issue before leaving for C3 and the stealer changed the motor mounts. It greatly reduced the vibration but didnt totally cure it. I even took off the Ohlin shocks to exclude them as the problem.

The only other change done before leaving was a new rear tire. He looking at the tire, bearings, swing arm bushings, and exhaust for binding as a starting point. I told him not to call me until its 100% fixed (good friend of mine) and keep it as long as he needs it. I am busy this week beating up car dealers for a new cage.

#16,677 ·
Still feeling vibration in the floorboard. I had the issue before leaving for C3 and the stealer changed the motor mounts. It greatly reduced the vibration but didnt totally cure it. I even took off the Ohlin shocks to exclude them as the problem.

The only other change done before leaving was a new rear tire. He looking at the tire, bearings, swing arm bushings, and exhaust for binding as a starting point. I told him not to call me until its 100% fixed (good friend of mine) and keep it as long as he needs it. I am busy this week beating up car dealers for a new cage.

Glad you got a guy you trust. I hope he sorts it out. Let us know how it ends.

#16,678 ·
Just curious. Do you flip a coin to decide which one to ride?
Nope, I decided ahead of time. I can't carry on baby bear cause there is no where to lock it up at the office. Also, I need get mama bear on the lift, change the oil and figure out why the tour pack is loose.

#16,679 ·
Nope, I decided ahead of time. I can't carry on baby bear cause there is no where to lock it up at the office. Also, I need get mama bear on the lift, change the oil and figure out why the tour pack is loose.

It's not loose... It's trying to shed it... She knows if she slims down you may ride her more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.