Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#3,361 ·
Dropped her off to get torn down while I head to NY for the week. Heads getting re-worked to Stage III, then replace cam chain with gear drive and lifter replacement. Sadness...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#3,362 ·
Ride

Took a " look I am still kicking" ride to family and friends .
In and out 20 Min Max. Per stop.
Gotta leave them wanting more ! :nod
Topped off tank and added fuel stabilizer at the station.
Hate to admit it but time to find the Battery tenders, for the grass growing season equipment and toys. :mad
Love the 4 seasons - But some could be a little shorter, now that I am a little longer in the tooth.
65 Miles +- in the middle 50,s
Beautiful Pocono Mt. scenery
Nice way to end the day..

#3,363 ·
a little late but i set up, and finally got to do a safety (poker run) ride for Friday.

9 different businesses let us set up and 13 donated prizes. from t-shirts, 5 oil changes to full service coupons. Counts Kustoms gave a signed T-shirt. not a bad way to spend a workday!!

the weather here has turned fast. 41 this morning.. full face time till spring.

#3,364 ·
FUGGIN FINALLY!

I got the Ultra Glide 99% buttoned up. Let me tell you it was a great feeling hear her fire off first shot!
For those that don't know, it got a full updated cam chest & new lifters(thanks Dave63), new oil pump(shiz they are expensive), beasly oil spring, adjustable pushrods, and a basic fluid change and tune up.

Big shout out to Dave63 for parts and support. He was always just a phone call away. Thanks Dave!

Guys, Link feels good today. :thumb

#3,365 ·
FUGGIN FINALLY!

I got the Ultra Glide 99% buttoned up. Let me tell you it was a great feeling hear her fire off first shot!
For those that don't know, it got a full updated cam chest & new lifters(thanks Dave63), new oil pump(shiz they are expensive), beasly oil spring, adjustable pushrods, and a basic fluid change and tune up.

Big shout out to Dave63 for parts and support. He was always just a phone call away. Thanks Dave!

Guys, Link feels good today. :thumb
:thumbsup

#3,366 ·
I decided to splurge and buy the HD (Gerbing) jacket liner today from the dealer. So I'm about to install the plug onto the battery so I can try it out going to work in the cold tomorrow. So I didn't get to ride today but tomorrow's ride should be toaster.

#3,367 ·
Ordered chrome wheels, front legs, and rotors for the Streetglide!

#3,368 ·
Well got off work and needed to pick up some parts from the local dealer so thought 57F, might as well go for a ride. Tooled over there grabbed my parts and figgered WTF, I'm near a buddy I'll go see if he wants to ride with me.

As I pull down his street notice a Sheriff, a Highway patrol car sitting in front of his house. As I get closer I also see there is a Dept of Conservation truck in his drive.

Seems as he was coming home from work he hit a 13 point on his 900 Vulcan. Didn't hurt the bike and didn't hurt him however, he's the type that would eat venison 356 days of the year if he could. So he pulls out his knife and goes over to the deer which is still laying in the ditch.

Deer gets up he jumps on it's back, grabs it's antlers with one hand, pulls it's head back and cuts it's throat in this old lady's front yard. While this is going on the woman runs out and screams for him to "leave that deer alone or I'm calling the cops". He says "go ahead" and she does.

He calls his wife, she brings the truck and they haul the deer off.

He called it in when he got home and I got there evidently right after everyone else and they were still in the process of trying to figure out if the deer had actually been injured or if my buddy was simply a Psychopath.

I'm sure it didn't help when I told the Game warden and the cops that I'd known him for 40 plus years and he was no crazier now than he ever was.

Anyway he kept the deer and after giving him a permit for it, they went their merry way.

Only about 42 miles total for the ride but it was to say the least an interesting one.

#3,369 ·
Well got off work and needed to pick up some parts from the local dealer so thought 57F, might as well go for a ride. Tooled over there grabbed my parts and figgered WTF, I'm near a buddy I'll go see if he wants to ride with me.

As I pull down his street notice a Sheriff, a Highway patrol car sitting in front of his house. As I get closer I also see there is a Dept of Conservation truck in his drive.

Seems as he was coming home from work he hit a 13 point on his 900 Vulcan. Didn't hurt the bike and didn't hurt him however, he's the type that would eat venison 356 days of the year if he could. So he pulls out his knife and goes over to the deer which is still laying in the ditch.

Deer gets up he jumps on it's back, grabs it's antlers with one hand, pulls it's head back and cuts it's throat in this old lady's front yard. While this is going on the woman runs out and screams for him to "leave that deer alone or I'm calling the cops". He says "go ahead" and she does.

He calls his wife, she brings the truck and they haul the deer off.

He called it in when he got home and I got there evidently right after everyone else and they were still in the process of trying to figure out if the deer had actually been injured or if my buddy was simply a Psychopath.

I'm sure it didn't help when I told the Game warden and the cops that I'd known him for 40 plus years and he was no crazier now than he ever was.

Anyway he kept the deer and after giving him a permit for it, they went their merry way.

Only about 42 miles total for the ride but it was to say the least an interesting one.
That's awesome!!!!

I can't say I wouldn't try to knife it, but that is so illegal in NY....I can't even begin...

#3,370 ·
That's awesome!!!!

I can't say I wouldn't try to knife it, but that is so illegal in NY....I can't even begin...
Well that was part of the problem, he HAS a permit as it's deer season here now. But a knife is not one of the approved methods to hunt them with so if the deer hadn't been injured he could have gotten in quite a bit of trouble.

It's ribs had been shattered and the GW determined it was a mortal wound, even though it probably would have simply laid down and starved to death.

The cops had to respond to the call that lady made and they normally will simply send you a permit in the mail around here for a kill involving an vehicle. I think the GW just wanted to see someone who was dumb enough to go after a deer with a knife, or he didn't believe what he was hearing.

I've actually known 3 cases (counting this one) where someone went after a deer with a knife and my buddy was involved in two but the last one was 20 plus years ago. One was actually an Elk in Colorado.

He's getting too old for that kind of crap :)

#3,375 ·
Well that was part of the problem, he HAS a permit as it's deer season here now. But a knife is not one of the approved methods to hunt them with so if the deer hadn't been injured he could have gotten in quite a bit of trouble.

It's ribs had been shattered and the GW determined it was a mortal wound, even though it probably would have simply laid down and starved to death.

The cops had to respond to the call that lady made and they normally will simply send you a permit in the mail around here for a kill involving an vehicle. I think the GW just wanted to see someone who was dumb enough to go after a deer with a knife, or he didn't believe what he was hearing.

I've actually known 3 cases (counting this one) where someone went after a deer with a knife and my buddy was involved in two but the last one was 20 plus years ago. One was actually an Elk in Colorado.

He's getting too old for that kind of crap :)
Its only a deer lmao...

Now if you hopped on the back of a tiger...well....
:rollin

That is a great story. On a side story I almost got myself thanksgiving dinner the other day.

#3,378 ·
Its only a deer lmao...

Now if you hopped on the back of a tiger...well....
:rollin

That is a great story. On a side story I almost got myself thanksgiving dinner the other day.
You sir, have obviously never been on the buisness end of a set of deer hooves. I have seen the end result of that. They can easily split the skull of a full grown wolf. And just because they are herbavoris doesn't mean that a 13 pt doesn't know how to use that rack as a weapon, 'cus he does.

I rode to work yesterday. 42* when I left the house. Went to an indie at lunch to talk about having some oil leaks fixed. Was 47* when I rode home. Had a smile on my face the whole time (except while I was at work)!!

#3,379 ·
You sir, have obviously never been on the buisness end of a set of deer hooves. I have seen the end result of that. They can easily split the skull of a full grown wolf. And just because they are herbavoris doesn't mean that a 13 pt doesn't know how to use that rack as a weapon, 'cus he does.

I rode to work yesterday. 42* when I left the house. Went to an indie at lunch to talk about having some oil leaks fixed. Was 47* when I rode home. Had a smile on my face the whole time (except while I was at work)!!
I was being sarcastic!!!
Any wild animal even a frigging fox will rip you to pieces if you are engaging in hand to hand combat with it. They call them wild animals for a reason.....cause they are wild, and they will fight to the death if need be.

And no, thankfully I haven't been on the business side of a pair of hooves!!

#3,380 ·
Well it was not today but I felt like posting it anyway.

Saturday 11/10/12 I rode with the ALR Post 500 in the Veteran's day parade in downtown Indianapolis. As I am not a veteran myself I had my 81 year old grandfather as a passenger. It was also his 1st motorcycle ride.

It was a good day!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.