Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#3 ·
Raining. Attempted to put on a different rear fender, but my seat didn't fit right afterwards. Reinstalled rear fender and took advantage of the missing tins, and redid the rear wiring, soldering and shrinkwrapping all unions. Not a total waste.....unless you take into consideration the $125 rear fender I bought, cut fit, and now won't use.......:mad

#4 ·
Killed a deer....no wait, that was Sunday, sorry..... :laugh
You should be making dear steaks on the grill!! (pick out the chrome first:D)

#5 ·
You should be making dear steaks on the grill!! (pick out the chrome first:D)

:rollin

sorry to laugh at your misfortune Sinister.

#6 ·
Checked the oil, then looked disappointingly at the cracked rubber hoses going into my intake to justify blowing off changing it out for another weekend...

Then attempted to twist my belt, with the suspicion that it's a bit slack,and slapping against the top belt guard.

Thought about taking the belt guard off, so I don't have to hear it slapping anymore.

Rubbed the rotor, to see how smooth it is, and told myself that I need to sand it.

Then rode to work...looking at it and thinking I might have to wash it, as an out of town visitor is wanting to go on a ride this weekend....looking at the smear of the remains of bird shit, that is more akin to pterodactyl than bird, that I wiped off before riding home yesterday....glared at a few birds, and continued to work.

Got to work, and pushed on the rear tire, to see if it was low, and to see if I was developing another ridge in the middle....admired my very small chicken strips, and went inside happy.

Turned around once, on the way in, to admire my dirty bike, and thought "Hell yeah, that shit is MINE!"

#8 ·
All good brother, I am just glad i am now at a point that i can laugh about it myself.

Should have thrown that son of a bitch over my shoulders and rode it home. Would have been epic!
i have seen weird things, that would probably top the list. :thumbsup

Reactions: timinftl
#9 ·
http://blog.rednecklaughs.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/*******-carrying-deer-on-bike.jpeg

#15 ·
Last night, (wuz raining)...............Stepped into garage,with a cold can in hand & looked at covered bike.Took cover off, grabbed another cold can.

Wife walks out into garage "I want the tour-pak on for the trip ehh !"

Took the backrest off,cleaned it up,put it on the shelf, grabbed another cold can.

Looked up at the tour-pak that's been on the shelf all winter, took it down & shine'd er up a bit and you guessed it....:drink

Did a little pre-trip inspection.....air shocks/tire pressure, took the quick detailer to it and sat back and made short work of a few more......:drink

Man i love workin in the geeerage...!:laugh

#19 ·
pressured up the tank off my 96 with nitrogen to leak check the silver solder job I did on the leak it had. no leaks, sanded and painted the repair with a paint bomb( on inside of tank so it don't show) hopefully put it back on the bike tonight when I knock off work, maybe even get a quick ride in.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.