Harley Davidson Forums banner

A leather jacket decision has been made

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  JMG822 
#1 ·
I've been bouncing around trying to decide on a replacement for the Harley Evolution jacket I bought last fall which is too big.

I finally got exhausted looking at Vanson, Langlitz, Schott and Fox Leather. I found a Schott 118 in what I thought was my size on eBay and bought it, turns out it's too small. I still have several searches setup on eBay to notify of me new auctions, still looking to purchase a Vanson, but one of their perforated models.

Today the UPS guy left a box from Virginia containing a Men's Classic Motorcycle Jacket II from Fox Leather. Opened the box, slipped the jacket on, and shazam, perfect. They are no doubt one of the leather construction kings and the jacket feels like it weighs about 15 pounds and is invulnerable. I have not ordered any of the CE stuff yet for it. It fits fairly well on me both standing and on the bike, zippered closed. So far I'm satisfied.

I also ordered some gauntlet lined deerskin gloves. Supposed to be in the '30's here on Thursday morning, so the plan is to try them out that morning and see how they feel.

Finally, I decided on a pair of their leather overpants. I have some First Gear pants and they are very nice and warm, but not really all that great for shorter trips when its cold. Somewhat cumbersome to get on and off. I'm hoping the leather pants will serve the same warmth purpose but be much easier to on and off over slacks and boots.

See less See more
#8 ·
a short update,

I also ordered a pair of their leather overpants and tried them out today. It was hitting 70* today here in middle Tennessee. The pants felt great. They are thinner than I thought they would be and extremely comfortable and did not "warm up" like I thought they would, but felt very comfortable temperature wise.

also ordered some of their deerskin gloves. Fantastic and same, very comfortable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.