Harley Davidson Forums banner

Drag Specialties Dealership

8K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  Alan S 
#1 ·
I am considering opening a full service MC shop and was wondering what the profit margins are for wholesalers such as Drag Spec and Custom Chrome. Thanks

#5 ·
Sorry Candyass, There are sites you can visit if your lonely. I heard this site sucked and coming from a Harley Dealer I guess he was right. Didn't take long for the idiots to show up. I bet you trailer your bike everywhere. This is my last day at this wanna-be site.

#6 ·
Wow... okay.

You heard it sucked? So you came anyway to ask for help?
I think your business may be in trouble before it even gets off the ground!

While you could be a good wrench, your people skills suck!

Good luck with your new venture.

And as far as I know from being in the world a few years... most pricing is set from the manufacturer to the reps down to the dealers etc.

Your margins will be based on what your mark up is based on cost and what everyone else can buy the same item from 100 different places with the click of a mouse.

As I said your business is going to be about people skills and building trust with your customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Sorry to say, :nah
Seem`s to be Midwest.
Indiana or immediately surrounding area/states more likely.

Seems to have the same people skills as the dealer who said the site sucked.
Dealer must have been here and gotten butt hurt too.
We all know Dealers never lie.

#20 ·
The DUDE ain't gotta clue how to start a motorcycle service business. The 1st thing the aftermarket suppliers want is for the prospect to provide pics of the "store front", where the prospect is going to display their products. Some of the suppliers also want to see a current customer data base !
Finding the suitable "store front" is the difficult part. Needs to be in a commercial zone (NOT the garage in the back yard) ! If ya find something suitable expect to pay about $2000.00 per month rent, $24,000.00 per year plus utilities ! Ya better have a customer data base ready to go.
I'm not going to go on and on with this, I think I've made the point by now. I've been doing this for almost 20 years and I'm still buying most of my parts from the H-D shops (no discount) and J&P's Gold Club. I ain't got no "store front", can't afford one and they ain't available around the Milwaukee area ... every empty shop and building gets redeveloped into something else or torn down for new development. I'm fortunate that I've still got the SHED that I call my shop !!! It's in a high traffic area which helps my data base big time. I've also gotten a few long distance customers from this forum ... thank you very much !
So, the DUDE ain't gotta clue ...

#26 ·
I gotta say...after all the time I've spent here, that's about as close to I've ever seen Schmidty's feathers to gettin ruffled...

#27 ·
I'm going to have to report everyone here for microaggressions against a special snowflake. From his response, he's already made a dash to his Safe Space filled with play-dough, puppies, and coloring books. You bullies.

OK, maybe not so micro....

#36 ·
I don't have feelings, I have anger eruptions.....

We need Extreme Vetting,....a form for 1st time posters to fill out that includes an introduction, pictures of their bike, riding history, where they ride, what they ride , mechanical experience....tools Y/N ....manuals Y/N....... it would make them come in the front door(new member section) starting their own thread before dropping a question on a years old thread.
just a thought:2cents

#38 ·
I think the current vetting works great, and it's entertaining...

New member comes in, gets hacked on a bit, either quits, or hangs out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.