Harley Davidson Forums banner

I think Im going to trade down

7K views 82 replies 29 participants last post by  ARBY 
#1 ·
Damn ultra is heavy and has a lot of stuff on it I don't need, Im going to get me a new Road King.
joe

#5 ·
The name is rather ambiguous now, traditionally it was the FL* series introduced in '65 with electric starters. Prior to that they were Duo-Glides and further back Hydra-Glides (Glides because of the shocks in front first and then rear). There were at least models still referred to as EGs at least through the '70s though then they started with the other variants. Not sure they use it now for any one particular configuration, someone else may.

According to HOG magazine the Road Kings of today drew their inspiration directly from the 65.

#9 ·
I know that I'm lovin' mine that I just got last Saturday! And at 35K with all the extras, tax, licence, dealer prep, and an extended warranty, I wouldn't consider it trading down either, lol. :wink

The pic below is without any of the extras, I'll post that when they are all done.

Attachments

#13 ·
RK is a great bike! Had one before the Limited. But I would never give up all the extras I now have. Heavy? Just a tad heavier hardly notice.:think

Reactions: jpassh2o
#27 ·
Somewhere between a Road King and Electro Glide Ultra is my choice.

The tour pack I would miss. The back seat my wife would miss.
Stereo, security system, abs brakes, cruise control, can do without.

Not sure if the windshield without fairing would work. Been many years now
with full fairing.

The only way out of this is to have one of each.

#28 ·
Somewhere between a Road King and Electro Glide Ultra is my choice.

The tour pack I would miss. The back seat my wife would miss.
Stereo, security system, abs brakes, cruise control, can do without.

Not sure if the windshield without fairing would work. Been many years now
with full fairing.

The only way out of this is to have one of each.

i got a tour pack ordered for this one, almost a must for me.
joe

#33 ·
Factory 47

Madstad windshield

Tour pack

Rear led lighting

Sundowner tour seat

Stuff for Bbally's RGS put on your credit card (you need the chrome cash on that Harley card)

Others will list more!

Reactions: Wooduck1954
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.