Harley Davidson Forums banner

Tall boys, what are you doing to strectch your legs?

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  kd5cqt 
#1 ·
What have you done to your ride to stretch your legs? I'm 6'4 and hours after I purchased my ride I was swapping out parts so I could ride comfortably.

I've had to adapt just about everything my whole life being tall and riding a bike is no different.

I have the Tall Boy Seat and back rest,(see mod pics below), extended shifters on both sides, tour pack extender and 15" windshield. I personally like the Kuryakyn iso pegs way high and forward on my highway bars.

I like the back rest and have it at the farthest setting back and I also wanted the grab bars for my wife. After I spent the almost 350 for the back rest, bracket and grab bars, I found out they are not compatable with one another so I had to modify the seat bracket and have it welded so they would fit. (pics below)

For us tall guys here are some of the parts I used...

Tour Pak Extender / -Kuryakyn Moves pak 3 inches farther back.

Extended Shifters- Kuryakyn or HD Gives about 3 more inches if you do both.

ISO Pegs and Stirrups - Kuryakyn

Harley Tall Boy Seat

Back rest is up to you but I got a matching back rest to match the seat and the stock grab bars and seat rest bracket.

Now if you want to use the grab bars and seat rest you'll have to modify the bracket as they are not compatible when the brackets are in the farthest position back. I told this to HD and they pretty much said, oh, we did not know that....

Here are the photos of my ultra where I had to mod the brackets. I don't have a pic of the finished product but you'll get the jist. When it's all said and done after you make your cuts (if that your intent), you can take it any welder for about 25 bucks and have a sturdy bracket ready to ride. Took me about a half hour to do this.

Lastly, I just posted the bit about the brackets in another thread so forgive me if it's redundant.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I come in at 6'6" and really haven't done anything to my bike ('11 WG). To me with the forward controls it already rides pretty comfortable. I've been keeping any eye out though to see if I notice something. I did ride a RK with hwy pegs and that was pretty nice, but haven't decided to add a crash bar to mine yet for the hwy pegs.

Warning: Spelling errors in this message are the product of poor school standards. Pay teachures more than athletes!

#6 ·
I installed the Kuryakyn floorboard extenders on my FLSTC. They extend the boards both out and forward 1". I also installed a Walters Workshop extended brake pedal. That made a huge difference and makes the FB extenders make more sense.

I bought a tallboy seat (Thanks JP) that I love the way my legs feel when riding with it, but it makes me ride too high and puts my head above the slip stream of the wind over the windshield. I have used it a few times, but the verdict is out.

I also have highway pegs on the crash bar - just the plane jane mounts. But, they really are great to change it up on a longer ride. My favorite position is the heel of my boot on the front edge of the FB and the toe up on the highway peg. I can go all day light that - especially if I have the Mrs. behind me for a back rest.

#11 ·
I only clock in at 6'3", but have gotten on with a back rest off of a "copcycle" (better than the ones Harley will sell you) and the highway pegs. Also the Air Zepp seat seems to elevate me a bit and that seems to help a lot. All that's left that I can do is periodically get off and walk around a bit until the blood gets to flowing back in my legs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.