Harley Davidson Forums banner

What is the most popular Harley model?

23K views 58 replies 22 participants last post by  gruss 
#1 ·
What would you guys and gal say is the most popular current Harley Davidson model motorcycle? I'm not looking for a definitive answer, just a general consensus.

#2 ·
well that can't really be answered, different groups of people will get you different answers. FOr the most part FLH model riders will all tell you the FLH is it.
others will tell you the Softail line-up is the most popular, and then most sportster owners will stand behind the sportster line.

I will say that up till a couple of years ago, I would see more softails on the raod than any other, but since the overglorified FLH standard that was lowered, er, um....I mean the street glide started becoming mainstream, you see more baggers and dressers on the road.

tough call

#11 ·
Don't know if its the most popular to everyone but I love my Ultra.

#12 ·
Well,
This is coming from someone who doesn't own a Harley yet, so I can maybe be a little more objective.
If a bike is popular, then it goes to reason that that particular model will resell for more money. An unpopular bike will resell for less, yes?
Therefore the most popular bikes must be softails. And the most popular softail would have to be the Fatboy. This is a non scientific study, just me looking on craigslist and ebay for prices and bikes selling used.

Patrick

#22 ·
#14 ·
If I had to guess which model of Harley that I see the most of around these parts it would have to be either a Softail or a Sportster.

There might be more Sportsters around b/c of their lower price-range (Under HALF the price of the Softails at my local dealer). There running a special on a new Sportster for like $6,799, maybe $7,799...Can't remember...

But, for me personally, I would rather have something different than most...hence, the Rocker-C. :thumb

#21 ·
now boys,, i WILL throw "V" outta the puddin pool and send you two in :stir :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#23 ·
I would say the Street Glide is the best seller at the time and not just because I ride one. Seems that every other bike you see on the road is an SG. They are so many soft tails and fat boys on Craigs list because people are selling them to buy a Street Glide. lol

#28 ·
I just decided to skip the Sportster, and go for one of the big-dogs for my first Harley. Nothing wrong with a Sportster, my uncle just bought a 1200XL a few months back for a great price. And it's a good-looking bike...Just not my style. Then again, neither is a full-dresser, but my dad likes them, and he just bought a new Ultra-Glide, as well.

Plus, there's nobody else around in my city that has a Rocker or Rocker-C...not sure why? I also like being individual. They cost a bit more than a standard ST, but IMO it's worth it...just b/c I like the raked-out look and 240 back-tire better. :thumb

#29 ·
Well, I'm not as old as most of you here, I'm only 55. But the Sportster has been around as long as I can remember, and still selling like hot cakes, so I guess I'm gonna have to say Sportster. Well, that and cause I got one. :lol8:lol8

#38 ·
ah- thanks sofa, it sounded a little bit italian, but thought i'd ask anyway. never know, i might own one someday..:thumb
uh- nevermind, i just saw the link. a little wild for me.
g

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.