Harley Davidson Forums banner

2003 Heritage electrical problem

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SCHMIDTY 
#1 ·
I have a Heritage that after sitting through winter I fired up and ran to the store. When I came out of the store she wouldn't start. I had to tow her home. When I turn on the switch to start I get some of the normal ignition sounds but I'm missing one sequence of sound. I believe it's the fuel pump, but not sure. I had a friend who is a Harley mechanic check it out and he's stumped. He suggests I trailer it to the local dealer and have them run diagnostics on their computer to see if they can isolate. Would anybody have any thoughts before I pull that trigger??? Thank you for any thoughts.

#2 ·
Turn switch to on, press lever to run and you do not hear anything? When you hit the start button does it turn over or just nothing?

#3 ·
Go to new members section and introduce yourself. Then give us more information. Mods etc.

#7 ·
I have a Heritage that after sitting through winter I fired up and ran to the store. When I came out of the store she wouldn't start. I had to tow her home. When I turn on the switch to start I get some of the normal ignition sounds but I'm missing one sequence of sound. I believe it's the fuel pump, but not sure. I had a friend who is a Harley mechanic check it out and he's stumped. He suggests I trailer it to the local dealer and have them run diagnostics on their computer to see if they can isolate. Would anybody have any thoughts before I pull that trigger??? Thank you for any thoughts.
Charge the battery up to at least 12.8 volts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.