Harley Davidson Forums banner

Looking for Oysters

6K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  ABFJV 
#1 ·
I live about 3 1/2 hrs from the coast of NC/SC. Since I have owned my bike I have always wanted to make a day trip to the coast eat Oysters and ride back. I know of Dirty dons and Duffy's. Is there any others out there with good Oysters and good prices worth a 500 mile round trip?

#29 ·
You gotta try some longbeard1, just adjust the formula to your liking, maybe a little salt. Those and some ice cold Budlights will make your day. Follow up with me when you make some to let me know how you like 'em.
BTW, I always steam my oysters, I put them in a basket and then into a pot with only a couple inches of water and a brick under the basket to keep them out of the water, and then on a grill with the garlic butter and Parmesan grated cheese. Just a suggestion.

#35 ·
There a few good ones, but the problem is JAX is so big you cant hit them all. Best advice is to ride A1A out of Jax to Daytona. Plenty of cool places on the way....you cant miss the bikes in front of them. THis way you get the scenery and nice pits stops while going in 1 direction.

Hit me up if you come this way, be happy to ride and have a few with ya. My outlaws live in melbourne, so I typcially stop at Daytona hahahahhahaha

#36 ·
Hit me up if you come this way, be happy to ride and have a few with ya. My outlaws live in melbourne, so I typcially stop at Daytona hahahahhahaha[/QUOTE]

We will be coming that way mid July. I wont be on the bike though family vacation. We staying in Cocoa Beach this year. I hope to get up to Daytona one day.

#37 ·
Hit me up if you come this way, be happy to ride and have a few with ya. My outlaws live in melbourne, so I typcially stop at Daytona hahahahhahaha

We will be coming that way mid July. I wont be on the bike though family vacation. We staying in Cocoa Beach this year. I hope to get up to Daytona one day.[/QUOTE]

I am off the week of July 14th, if you get the itch to rent a bike and ride for a day let me know

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#39 ·
Living on the Gulf Coast, and entering the "R" months. I can get oysters right at the dock, bring a sack home, and shuck and eat them with all my friends over to help (and supply the beer). Sometimes, where you live has some definite benefits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.