Harley Davidson Forums banner

Picking up the new baby tomorrow

4K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  Brew454 
#1 ·
Looking forward to getting my new '16 FatBoy Lo S in black denim tomorrow. Additionally, I will be getting my sight/sound permit in the a.m. (hopefully) and have safety class planned Fri-Sun. It is going to be really hard not to ride it until I get my license, but I will not.. Is it bad that I just want to sit in the garage and look at it? :laughing

Looking forward to joining the Harley community, everyone I have met so far in my area have been great. The last bike I rode was in '96 and it was a crotch rocket, ended up not buying it though. I wore out a moped when I was a kid and realize that this new rig will be a LOT different. I will trust and respect it every time I get on it. I am an avid Jeeper (not a mall crawler) and it appears to have the same friendships.

So a big hi from south/central Iowa.

Jim

#5 ·
Greetings from the Left Coast. I wont tell you to sneak it around the block a few times,:devil no not me telling you to sneak it around block.:devil Good Luck sneaking about. :wink

#7 ·
Welcome and congrats on the new scoot from Savannah GA. When you park it, and start to walk away from it, If you don't stop and look back at least once you didn't buy the right one:woo Sounds to me like you did! When I go into my garage to get a beer out of the fridge I say hi to mine:D

#8 ·
Here is a pic of her sweet hind end: Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive wheel system

I believe I am starting with the bike of my dreams. Hoping that isn't a mistake. I just don't want to do anything to myself or it while learning so I really will have to wait till after the weekend for any comfort level at all.

I live on a very small amount of gravel connected to a 2 lane blacktop. Besides going super slow, any pointers would be appreciated.

Looking forward to the class tomorrow/weekend. Thanks for the luck, will probably need it.

Thanks for the warm welcomes too.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Maybe get a crash bar. I think mine would look a bit better without it but the amount of protection it provides from a low speed drop is incredible. Plus you can mount some hiway pegs on it to switch up your riding position on the long rides.

#13 ·
Gravel roads can be tricky, but just keep a steady pace, your eyes looking forward, you should be fine. +2 on the engine guards and hi-way pegs that ematicic mentioned two posts up from here.

#15 ·
Concur with crash bar. May consider some bags, help keep it up a little if you drop it in garage, don't ask. Still a biotch to pick up alone.

#21 ·
Welcome from central Florida...congrats on the Fat Boy Lo (I'm sooo jealous).

#22 ·
Welcome from Waco, TX. Nice looking bike! I live on a gravel road also. As mentioned before, no front brakes on gravel roads. If going slow, under 15 miles per hour, it helps to put light pressure on back brake and modulate your speed with the clutch . Helps to keep the bike stabilize the bike better. Look straight ahead and not down on ground. Always look in the direction you want your bike to go when turning.

Reactions: CyberShanks
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.