Harley Davidson Forums banner

Howdy

2K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  ziggy 
#1 ·
I registered here a while back but I guess I never did the intro. I'm Julie, living in Vegas, grew up in the desert just a few hours from here, hence Desertjul. I currently have 4 bikes. The one that brings me to these parts is the shovel my Dad built when I was a kid, that I grew up on. I can tell you I am one happy 'kid' when I get to ride that bike. And I like my garage time almost as much as my ride time. I do tend to spend more time in the dirt on the plated dirt bikes. Partly cuz I don't do much in town riding around here, too many idiots on the roads. I like to get out on the highways. Still doing some upgrades to the old girl. Gotta make sure she's as happy as me on the road, right? Putting a Rivera Pro on next while upgrading the charging system. She's a runner, nice and smooth and plenty of power for me. I'm not really a racer, but I do like to open it up some :wink Next I'll do a little tweak to the seat for more comfort on longer rides. But, overall, I want to keep as much of the same look/style as possible. Its still Dads bike in my mind :cool I dont post much but its still good to be here :thumb

#6 ·
Welcome from the mitten state!
We love pics!

#12 ·
HOWDY Neighbor :smile. Glad to see more girls getting in this lifestyle with us. I used to own a 80 LOWRIDER back in the day it too was a Shovel-head. I loved that bike and it was a great ride but my wife didn't care for the little butt pad some we moved up to a bagger. Sounds like your enjoying your bike and know something about it which is GREAT! .....................Rick

#24 ·
Sorry it took me so long to post a pic. Thanks for the welcomes. I finally got around to starting on some upgrades but hit a snag with the primary. Once I got the bulk of the work it sat during the hot summer. Now I'm ready to go back together but I'm not sure if I should button it up or do some tranny work. I posted in the tech forum. I'll decide and finish it up to ride soon, I hope lol. Oh, in case you wanna read, my tranny post is here http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/trans-primary/339337-endplay-4speed-mainshaft.html Anyway, thanks again for the welcomes.

Attachments

#26 ·
Welcome from Arizona.

Good to see a old Shovel head rider on here. I don't have one any more sort of moved on up to a Newer ride.

You said you don't post much BUT you could join us in the BREAKFAST CLUB and say hello once in a while. The dinner is open to all and is open most of the day. Come on and get a drink and sit a while. :devil......

Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.