Harley Davidson Forums banner

New member from Central Illinois

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  2005fxdc 
#1 ·
Hi Folks -

New member, just purchased 2006 FXD - 11k miles and one previous owner.

Central Illinois - riding in the cornfields.

I am poking around the internet looking at HD forums - this one looks very active with lots of good information.

I have had several HD's previously (61 Duo-Glide, 86 FXST, 92 FXSTS, 99 FXST, 65 M50s ) - just now getting back in since I found a decent deal on a Dyna.

best

mqqn (Andy)

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you!

Yessir - that is a 2002 Z06 that I purchased when I sold my Panhead and the 99 FXST.

Short story is the wife would not ride with me anymore due to back issues, so I sold my Harleys and bought the 'vette, and a 97 Concours, which I also still have.

best

mqqn

#8 ·
Thanks for the nice welcome!

Trashman - did you live in Washington area? I have a friend who's father ran a disposal service in Metamora I think, and he was a Harley man.

I like to run my Z at the drag strip, the car WAS essentially stock except for long tube headers, a billet shifter, cold air intake and a dyno tune, and I ran a best of 11.91 @ 117mph. I have since gone to a stage 5 trans from RPM with a Quaiffe center member and 3:90 gear, and now I can't drive it anymore, it just spins the tires. Time for drag radials....

I guess I better toss up some shots of my past Harley Davidson products -

61 Duo Glide - mostly stock and what was not stock was mostly real HD stuff I found at swaps etc. Some re-pop on it though, and I took the bodywork to a buddy who did a nice House of Kolor Kameleon green to bronze paint job. I miss that bike but not the oil trails all over my garage.

First HD - an 86 FXST - the standard one with spokes and no chrome stock, but mine has some added chrome....

92 FXST - sold to make a downpayment on my current house - this was the day I brought it home bone stock from the dealer.

The only shot I could find of my 99 FXST - but it was stock as well - next to the pan before I refurbished it....

And the M50S I just sold last year. It was 100% stock down to the tires/air valve caps and fuel line! I did replace the shift cable with a NOS Aermacchi piece.

And introducing the ride that kept me going through the time I did not have a putt, Fat Bastard....

FB has been to Deadhorse, Bar Harbor, Key West, Vancouver Island, Reno, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Glacier, around Lake Superior several times. He's been around.

Thanks again for the nice welcome!

best

mqqn

#14 ·
Nice bikes..
I too rode a dyna for a while..
Now of course...
I love my King!
Welcome from the mitten state!

Reactions: mqqn
#18 ·
Thanks folks -

Just to be clear - I own a few of those still, but most of them are gone.

I have a 2006 FDXI, the Concours and most of the dirt bikes -

I was counting it up and I have 11 bikes - but 5 of those are projects waiting for me to have time to work on them....

Insurance - that's cheap - the Harley is 6 bucks a month for liability.

Best

mqqn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.